Crave EQ
Aug 4, 2021 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Big In Japan

Head-Fier
Hi,

anyone using Crave EQ here?

For those who don`t know the tool: It`s a PEQ VST Plugin. It is designed to be used in DAWs for mixing and mastering but you can use it in Equalizer APO as an systemwide EQ. It costs 59€. There are modes thats reduce phase shift, or are optimized for low latency, you can store and recall presets, do quick A/B comparisons, play with the slope of the filters and so on... It`s quite powerful. Only the VU meter does not work in APO for some reason...

Link: https://cravedsp.com/crave-eq

This is how it looks:
crave.PNG

To make it work, I had to implement a workaround, Keith (the author of the program) figuered out:

I have got a fix for Equalizer APO:

Copy the Crave DSP folder from:
C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local
To here:
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local
Because Equalizer APO is running as a local service to be able to intercept all audio on your system this is where you need to install the license (manually). The Crave DSP folder has your license in it.

Kind regards
Keith

I wonder if someone else is using it or tested it and what you think about it.

And no, I have no relation to the guy developing this thing. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #2 of 3
Crave is great, I use it all the time as a go to mixing eq. If you like the sound of crave you should check out kirchhoff. It has supplanted crave for me for critical duties like stereo bus/monitoring.

Feb 6, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #3 of 3
anyone using Crave EQ here?
I think it looks fine. I am not a fan of knobs, though. I'd want to use it to export a transcode, and that won't. And it's an APO. Good luck with that.

These inline pics of my Jukebox 2112 will.

I get the great sound I want, and can take it with me (export, after all) on a thumbnail drive -- car, AVR, or sd for a phone -- no need to code or use a super-duper battery-sucking player for a phone when any simple player will do. It's really amazing what a lot of DSP does for a car's plain (or top-of-the-line) audio system. Like being there, in concert, with all the bass I need, and the treble I would otherwise miss. Not to mention the completely realistic reverb. In concert it is.

20220206_spkeq_in_jukebox_2112.png

20220206_spkeq_in_jukebox_2112_z.png

There's a video/trailer of this in action on the sales page:
ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWLM64KMD3N

or this way if that doesn't work:
https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9mwlm64kmd3n

The video is called "Speaker EQ editor (pa" in the second link, unnamed in the first but obvious enough which.

And yes, the changes made can be reflected in real time to what is playing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back