crap...HELP!!! my ear canals are dumb --> comply foamies?
Apr 23, 2006 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sleepyx637

New Head-Fier
bah, so i got my shure e4's and they sound good, except i started noticing the sound on my right ear was hitting a lil hard than the left. turns out the bone in my left ear juts a little into my canal, which messes up the seal!!!!

the medium clear plastic sleeves give me a great seal...on my right ear but not so much on my left.
mad.gif
the small clear sleeves dont give me as good of a seal (they pop right out) but the sound on both sides sounds balanced.

im not too partial to the shure foamies, but it sounds like short of getting custom molds, those are my only options =/

do the comply foamies sound better than the shure foamies?

has short or standard worked better for people?

Apr 23, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 5
I have been useing the Comply short tips , they are very comfortable for me and I never have a seal problem , they seat very deeply. The seal in my left canal is deeper than my right , similar to your problem , but I don't notice a volume or balance difference and the seal stays so I am happle. It's hard to say whether the shor or long tips would work better for you though. I.E.M.s are so different for each person but one of them should do the trick and it's alot cheaper than custom molds to try both even. Im useing them on E3c's by the way.

Apr 23, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 5
Trying out different foamies from different manufacturers can be an expensive undertaking. Foamies are basically earplugs with a hole and a piece of tubing running through them.

Check out the thread on to roll your own foamies from inexpensive earplugs.

DIY Foamies http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...hlight=foamies

You can try out several different flavors from the Ear Plug Store (Head-Fi Sponsers, top of page) for a nominal cost.

I was pleasantly surprised after trying out several types how different they can be in my ears, and how that affected the sound.

Apr 23, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #4 of 5
OMGGG
I have the exact same problem!!!!!!!!!
I just got the e3c, and imho, they sound very similar to my $30 radioshack in-ear phones.
But my right ear fits fine using the small gray and clear sleeves, while my left ear doesnt fit well with any sleeve, and it always slowly slips out. I tried the foamies as well, but I dont really know how to put them in. So far, I only like the clear ones.

Apr 24, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by poonpower
OMGGG
I have the exact same problem!!!!!!!!!
I just got the e3c, and imho, they sound very similar to my $30 radioshack in-ear phones.
But my right ear fits fine using the small gray and clear sleeves, while my left ear doesnt fit well with any sleeve, and it always slowly slips out. I tried the foamies as well, but I dont really know how to put them in. So far, I only like the clear ones.

Roll one of the foamies in you fingertips until it compresses around the 'audio tube' that runs down their center. Then put it deep into your ear and hold it there for 15 seconds or so to allow it to expand and anchor. Repeat with other ear.

Happy listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back