Crap. Did I break my HD555s?
Sep 3, 2008 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kuyt

New Head-Fier
The earcups seem really flimsy and I can sway them left to right really, really easily, like their foundation broke or something.  And I hear some plastic cracky noises too, but that can be subjective. Did I stretch my headphones too far or something? I think I broke them because I never remembered them being THIS flimsy. 

Does it have to do with how I always used it on th e farthest setting (headband length)?And FYI, I've hardly used them. They are very new.

Sep 3, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 9
Woah, you got bipolar fonts going on there.

And no, that's normal; methinks you just got a sudden case of placebo since the last time you held them.

Sep 3, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 9
Can u post the pic of how bend they are?

my 5 day old HD555's are pretty easy to bend too...more of like rubber.

Sep 3, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by user123456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheisers deliver an unique and one of the best sounds in the headphone market. However I feel some of their lines have headband/headcovers which aren't so sturdy.

U haven't heard of Creative then... just trying to wear Creative HQ-1400 caused their headband to chip like a cheap plastic.

actually it was a cheap plastic used.

And also u should checkout Stanton's... they make DJ headphones but their headband snaps very easily

Sep 3, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
U haven't heard of Creative then... just trying to wear Creative HQ-1400 caused their headband to chip like a cheap plastic.

I have a creative headphone atm, they are almost dead now, the earpads also fell off so I had to glue them back on (the headband is also in plastic).
wink_face.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #8 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back