Crap! Anyone got a 3 pin US mains plug kicking about?
May 3, 2009 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
Oh dear.

Just got my Headroom Micro amp. Went to re-wire the plug to a UK one, and in a moment of stupity, snipped the US one off, right up close to the molded plug, as you do, saving as much as possible (so can't put it onto a screw able wire joiner to join it back on, no wire showing) and forgot to check if the power supply can take 240v... Guess what, not switchable, 120V only, and i've just cut the connector off, and it's molded, sod it!

So, Maplins in the UK have step down adapters on sale until Tuesday for £9, cheaper than eBay, and I thought I'd get a plug in there, and have it all done and ready to use in a day, but Maplins only have 2 pin US mains plugs, so I need to get a 3 pin from somewhere online I guess. Takes time. Might as well order the better one on eBay that costs the same now. Right, so I look around for a 3 pin US plug (with the ground pin)... Simple right? Well you thought wrong. Only one on UK eBay, and it is £8... INSANE!

So basically, i'm asking a favour. Anyone got a 3 pin US plug they snipped off of an amp lead or something (unscrew-able one, or a molded one with plenty wire left to attach a joiner to) and replaced with a UK one? Still got it kicking about? If so please PM or post! I can pay if need be!

If you're in the UK, great, I can go to Maplins, get the step down on sale tomorrow, and then the plug will arrive a few days later. If you're in the US, i'll order the better step down from eBay, and they should arrive at the same time...

Thanks in advance,

Please help if you can!

Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back