Crackling sound?
Mar 27, 2010 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NimbleRabit

100+ Head-Fier
Lately (just the past few weeks) my headphones have been making this kind of crackling sound when I move. It seems to only happen if I've been sitting relatively still for quite a while (say watching a movie), and then stand up or something of that nature. My ears will hear tons of crackling, relatively quiet but definitely noticeable, for a few seconds and then it stops. I would have to repeat the same process to make it happen again after that.

Anybody know what might cause this? This is happening on my RX900's, and initially I thought maybe it had something to do with the stuffing I had put into the headphones, but after taking it out it still happens.

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #2 of 4
Could be static electricity. I get the same thing sometimes during the heating season when the indoor air is very dry. Nothing permanent for my headphones.

Might also be a loose connection somewhere.

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Check your connections, or just turn down the volume. As a rule the volume should never be put past 60-70% unless you've got a really good headamp.

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 4
The volume never goes above 50% for me; glad to know it's not something permanent, thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back