Crackling noise with itunes
Jul 12, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #46 of 54
if you've never updated a BIOS, it's prolly better you check it w/ someone who's used to this sort of things...you could brick your lappy, now that wouldn't be too helpful
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #47 of 54
OK. Thanks to all who have helped. I will post back if I ever find a solution.

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you've never updated a BIOS, it's prolly better you check it w/ someone who's used to this sort of things...you could brick your lappy, now that wouldn't be too helpful
biggrin.gif

Er...I bricked the lappy! Thankfully PC Repair in Glasgow fixed it and installed all drivers correctly for £30. The crackles are still there, so it is not the drivers.

Jul 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er...I bricked the lappy!

ROFLMAO!! What did you do, pull a restart when install BIOS firmware? Ouch D:

Btw, Roger Dean is FTW along with whatever album is behind his artwork.

Jul 20, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ROFLMAO!! What did you do, pull a restart when install BIOS firmware? Ouch D:

Btw, Roger Dean is FTW along with whatever album is behind his artwork.

Hi RushNerd - not forum savvy enough to know what ROFLMAO is. I also have no idea how I bricked the lappy. The guy who fixed it kept asking me as well. I didnt touch half the stuff he found that had gone wrong, well I dont think I did!
I got the avatar from Picsearch. Again I dont know what FTW means!

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #51 of 54
urbandictionary.com

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er...I bricked the lappy! Thankfully PC Repair in Glasgow fixed it and installed all drivers correctly for £30. The crackles are still there, so it is not the drivers.

ah!! what did you do exactly?

anyway, it's more than likely the drivers...one of them must be hijacking the DPC timer. you need to try older/newer drivers versions/disable anything that can be(serial/parallel/unused USB/etc etc), update all BIOS and troubleshoot, troubleshoot.

but your average joesixpack computer shop will be clueless, so if you don't know anyone that's a bit more computer literate...it sounds like your options to make the crackles go are rather thin
redface.gif

as long as you see red bars in dpclat.exe, you'll never be on the good track.

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
urbandictionary.com

Thanks hew
beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #54 of 54
I had this problem for awhile now, and finally got it under control. I had a system temp monitor running, hwmonitor. Closing this immediately stopped the problems. Also, I'd guess anything of that category could be causing a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back