Crackle on left ear with new MK II
Jan 6, 2017 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NotSoTastyPi

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I hd this problem for a couple of days now, it comes and goes at random.
I tried unplugging it from my computer and the crackle was still there. I have also tried to switch the sides of the tubes, but the crackle was still only on the left.
I also seem to be getting some sort of "doubled audio" at times.
It is 3 days old now, with just the standard tubes and i cant for the life of me figure out whats wrong here.

edit: some more info.

I also tried having it on over night. I had read that the might just simply be warming up, but the crackle is even worse now and can be heard even over music at times (could be coincidence though).
The crackle doesn't increase with volume.
Switching power cables doesn't do anything (dunno why i thought that).
No difference through the rca output at the back, even when both are and are not running.
The sockets "look" clean.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 3
I had the same issue with mine. I thought it might be a ground loop or something like that so you can test that out. Just plug it into its own outlet or powerstrip. In my case it just needed to run for a considerable amount of time. I left mine on and playing music for a day and it hasn't had any crackle since.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the answer <3

Yeah, running it a bit was what helped me at first too, but the crackle returned this morning and now the issue resolved it self after it ran for 5 additional hours!
Also had it in 6 different positions all around my house, so its probably not the ground loop thing.

Since it works again for now i'm quite satisfied, ill just let it run for the next few days. Thank you so much for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back