Cracked HD650 Headband
Feb 3, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, sweet Jesus. $230 for a headband? Screwwwww that!

Fix the crack. Don't replace the headband. You can do this at home and save yourself a lot of cash.

Welcome to Australian pricing
tongue.gif
. Don't forget the rrp of these is now 800 or something stupid.

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Australian pricing
tongue.gif
. Don't forget the rrp of these is now 800 or something stupid.

I think that's the 600s that are $800. I think the 650s are more. I'm getting so sick of the 'down under tax' that we seem to receive on everything.

Feb 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here again, my ghetto fix. The great part is they sound just as sweet as always.
HD6xx.gif

2282454630044175878S600x600Q85.jpg

I have to say that doesn't look too bad. where did you have it done?

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rarely and normally only with misuse.

I have an HD 580 from 1992, an HD 580 Jubilee and an HD 600 and have never had a headband problem with any of them.

I've had my hd600's for about 3 years and recently replaced the headband. About 70+ dollars from Senn. It's cheaper to send them in for repair, but I don't trust they'd send back the same headphones. I think this because I use to repair cash registers/ printers and the easiest/fastest way to repair is to have replacements ready to ship and repair during downtime.

Anywho, I've never done anything weird to my headphones. No 'bend em like this' mod, no 'stretch headband for wider soundstage' fix. Only normal usage. I do have a slightly wider than normal head I suppose. However I would hope wearing my headphones on my slightly wider than normal head wouldn't be considered 'misuse'. It's a stiff, plastic headband. Plastic breaks. I guarantee in another 3 years I'll probably have to replace the headband again.

Edit: Had to call sennheiser to get the replacement headband. They don't have it listed under parts on the website. What I did was email them using the email from the parts website, they sent back an email saying I should send them in for repair or call some number they gave me to order the part.

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say that doesn't look too bad. where did you have it done?

I've gotten used to the look. I did it myself using .050 aluminum and stainless steel 1/8" pop rivets. It was a quick fix but I have no plans to pay that crazy price for a new headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back