[Cr]Apple adding A2DP - within 3 years lossless wireless audio from your PMP is a fact
Mar 18, 2009 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Gamerphile

500+ Head-Fier
Any [cr]apple fans around
wink.gif
Just joking - they have their thing just like everyone else in the industry... Any who:
As some may have heard they are launching Bluetooth A2DP (wireless digital codecs for stereo) support on the iPhone 3G.
Now many here may say that this has little to do with their world but they couldn't be more wrong. A2DP products are not as limited as you might of their lossless codec anymore - in fact several products by our own beloved high-end head-fi producers proved thats its more how you treat the bits than a faulty lossless codec that decides the sound quality coming out in the end. Most of the products on the marked simply didn't treat the bits right and used poor quality stuff on top of that lending to a poor initial impression of stereo bluetooth. Well you can't really blame them - these companys makes digital gear for calling your mom and messaging your friend. They are not full bandwide sound experts and I would never let them near my head-fi!

Now I use stereo bluetooth on a regular basis due to fact that several of our beloved headphone producers have made A2DP products which none of the low-fi brands can even get close to. In fact on most mobile gear the DAC system is so bad the stereo bluetooth device sounds BETTER than the analog outputs driving with a high-end in-ear model.

Now what does all this mean?
This means more money to R'n'D for new products for you as [cr]apple fans will be wanting a fancy bluetooth A2DP product with some good quality and only our beloved head-fi brands have made these. That also means more money and expertise being build towards the coming A2DP lossless codec which are coming on paper this year as I wrote in my spec's thread on Sennheisers new MM450 stereo bluetooth.

So tomorrow or a few years from now you will be enjoying perfectly bit-per-bit reproductions of your favorite audio tracks wireless and with head-fi quality gear of choice
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back