COWON's iAudio6 on his way...
Mar 12, 2006 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Blackmore

Headphoneus Supremus
What do you think, will be this an BOM? I think so...
eggosmile.gif
In Germany you can already pre orded for EUR 279

http://www.mp3-player.de/artikel.php?ArtNr=2693

Mar 12, 2006 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 8
it looks nice and supports a lot of formats. does it play video tho or store images? it seems like it does.

but for that much and it's only 4G, not so sure. more on the expensive side.

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 8
I hope they can keep the price down in the USA. It uses a hard drive so that may be a deal breaker for me. Currently using a Nano and waiting for a larger capacity version of it. I love iAudio though. Great sounding products.

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 8
played with the iAudio 6 at CES. it's good.

Cowon will be offering it with larger hard drive capacities as they become available from Toshiba... but no ETA.

edit: by the way, we picked up a few of these at CeBIT so look for a review at dapreview.net in a few weeks.

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
played with the iAudio 6 at CES. it's good.

Cowon will be offering it with larger hard drive capacities as they become available from Toshiba... but no ETA.

edit: by the way, we picked up a few of these at CeBIT so look for a review at dapreview.net in a few weeks.

So there'll be higher capacity iAudio 6s that are the same size as the 4 gb version?

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I hope they can keep the price down in the USA. It uses a hard drive so that may be a deal breaker for me. Currently using a Nano and waiting for a larger capacity version of it. I love iAudio though. Great sounding products.

Its a micro-harddrive:
iaudio_6_hdd.jpg

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Its a micro-harddrive:
iaudio_6_hdd.jpg

Yeah I know it is. Notice how I stated hard drive as in it has moving parts. The Nano is flash based, more durable IMO. That drive is the new .85" Toshiba drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back