COWON's cold sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(look here please)
Feb 27, 2008 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

konya

Head-Fier
yes i have got a cowon d2 and samsung u3.i think cowon s sound is cold.detailed but very cold.peoples voice robotic.

can i fix with eq or using flac?if i cant i want to sell my d2.because i cant enjoy cowons sound.

what is your experiences with cowon sound?

how can i get a warm sound from cowon d2?

I AM SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 22
same experience here.
You can set BBE to 1 and 3D sound to 1 should be better.
However, I found BBE and EQ is not natural and keep setting all back to flat.
There is no way to fix this.
I end up switch to T39.

For warm sound, you can try Meizu M6 SL or Sony A818. They are pretty good on bass.
But A818 has no flac support.

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by konya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes i have got a cowon d2 and samsung u3.i think cowon s sound is cold.detailed but very cold.peoples voice robotic.

can i fix with eq or using flac?if i cant i want to sell my d2.because i cant enjoy cowons sound.

Well about 90% of entertainers are either reptoids (have a raspy robotic voice) or they are cybernetic replicants. All the other daps have special filters that make them sound more human (the cowon does not). Oh yes it's true, I saw it on youtube. I for one am not fooled, blade runner was real! Oh, and just to let you know the reptoids are an alien species that have been here for thousands of years and the replicants are their robotic slaves. And you wondered why george bush acted like a puppet, think about it!

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 22
I found that a portable head amp added depth and warmth to the music. I find both the KSCs & 225s are warmer sounding than the Marshmallows or ER-6i. Want to hear cold, use the D2 with ER-6i coming out with their cold anlaytical style.

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 22
Amp can make warmer sound but won't fix the robotic sound problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found that a portable head amp added depth and warmth to the music. I find both the KSCs & 225s are warmer sounding than the Marshmallows or ER-6i. Want to hear cold, use the D2 with ER-6i coming out with their cold anlaytical style.

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

I have the exact opposite experience with my D2 + Shure E500's,

I find Vocals to be beautiful and clear....Kelly Flint of Dave's True Story, Diana Krall, Stacey Kent, Eva Cassidy, Jane Monheit, Lauren White, Sarah Vaughan, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday...They all sound soooo perfect...better than any of the many daps I've tried....infact I always end up going back to my D2 after short love affairs with some other dap. Vocals on the D2 are perfect to me.

Make sure all the jeteffect settings are off....they tend to add and artificial sound.

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #7 of 22
driving different load headphones changes the sound alot. for example my SR125s are lively and forward with great smooth and clear mids and highs.

Feb 27, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 22
If you got a chance, do AB test with D2 and Sony A818 with same song and you will see what we are talking about.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowon_1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the exact opposite experience with my D2 + Shure E500's,

I find Vocals to be beautiful and clear....Kelly Flint of Dave's True Story, Diana Krall, Stacey Kent, Eva Cassidy, Jane Monheit, Lauren White, Sarah Vaughan, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday...They all sound soooo perfect...better than any of the many daps I've tried....infact I always end up going back to my D2 after short love affairs with some other dap. Vocals on the D2 are perfect to me.

Make sure all the jeteffect settings are off....they tend to add and artificial sound.

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by faichiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you got a chance, do AB test with D2 and Sony A818 with same song and you will see what we are talking about.
biggrin.gif

That's exactly why I don't hardly ever listen to my Sony NWZ-S616 anymore because the D2 everything sounds so much more smoother, more separation and cleaner sounding.

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

What phones are you using with the D2? I don't find the D2 cold & analytical at all. Like others have said, turn off all Jet effects. I'm using the D2 with UE10, which is known to be a very neutral IEM and find the sound to be perfect.

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What phones are you using with the D2? I don't find the D2 cold & analytical at all. Like others have said, turn off all Jet effects. I'm using the D2 with UE10, which is known to be a very neutral IEM and find the sound to be perfect.

I use SENN CX300
confused.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #12 of 22
I never listen to S616.
Is it warm sounded? If so, it probably won't match with E500 because warm + warm........

Anyway
frown.gif

Quote:

That's exactly why I don't hardly ever listen to my Sony NWZ-S616 anymore because the D2 everything sounds so much more smoother, more separation and cleaner sounding.

Feb 27, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by faichiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never listen to S616.
Is it warm sounded? If so, it probably won't match with E500 because warm + warm........

Anyway
frown.gif

The 616 sounds the same as the Sony A818...

Feb 27, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #14 of 22
Then I am amazed.
confused.gif

Quote:

The 616 sounds the same as the Sony A818...

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #15 of 22
I had the same cold sound issue with my D2 until I got rid of the factory Jet effect settings.

Zero everything and tweak slightly ... you'll find that you'll be using values of '1' or '0' as opposed to the very high factory settings ... And use the eq!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back