Cowon's aren't for me, though..
Oct 8, 2010 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cipsaz

New Head-Fier
I own a Sony NWZ-A816 for some time and was looking for some new choices since 4GB doesn't cut anymore. So since I listen flac's exclusively, I narrowed my choices between iAudio 9 and new Sansa Fuze+. Bought the Cowon anyways, and it's a disappointment.

pros and cons:

+ Better equalizer
+ Better battery life
-  UI is annoying as HELL (maybe you need to get used to it)
-  Cheap build quality
-  Bass distortion at high volume
-  Poor soundstage

To be honest, I like the SQ better on my old Sony. Had to return the Cowon. Sure it's a good product, but isn't for me.

Oct 9, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 5

Well, I apologize then, as we sometimes get these types of threads - and they turn into flame wars. Sorry if I jumped the gun,.............. I guess you just meant to do comparison of the like/dislikes of the Sony/Cowon you've had experience with.

I'm actually a fan of both - but Sony keeps letting us down w/not releasing higher capacity dap's outside of Japan. And Cowon let me down w/the design and build quality of the S9 (I had to sell it, it was such an issue for me). I didn't get the i9 since it has the capacitive touch controls - my Samsung Q2 was that way, and it was horrid IMO. SQ was da bomb, but a horror to navigate.
Quote:
Well, you got it all wrong. I just wrote my impressions of Cowon and never stated that it sucks or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back