Cowon Z2 VS Walkman Z series VS Ipod Touch
Mar 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Music fan 8888

100+ Head-Fier
ok guys, I am looking for a new mp3 player with excellemt sound quality.  Which out of the three is the best? I am struggling to choose!

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #2 of 15
Best for what?  Without telling us what you are looking for in a DAP, it's hard to know what to recommend.  If you are only looking for a great sounding DAP for mainly music, the Cowon J3 is one of the best.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 15
ok maybe I wasnt too clear but my cowon battery is dying and am thinking of replacing it with another player.  My main concern is sound quality, to play FLAC and make playlists on the go.  I know my J3 cant do that and I need that functionality and it is one thing I like on the ipod touch.  I would also like to scrobble my music to lastfm.  Looking at sound, I;ve pretty much narrowed it to the Cowon Z2 and Z series walkman based on rave reviews.  Does anyone know how the new Z2 sound compares with the walkman and J3??

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 15
The Sony Z series walkmen sound amazing out of HP jack(also has lineout)and iPod 2G only come close but Sony Z series has better display/size.

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #5 of 15
ok cool, how does the headphone jack sound compared to line out with the Z series?  Is sound similar to Cowon??

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #6 of 15
i am also in a similar delimma.what i think about the z2 is that its a good flac player with eq and good sound.with 64gig sdxc support and movie capability with any format 1080p,battery 22 hours is decent,can drive entry and med fi headphones and they  threw in android for just extra features but thats it, i dont expect the android implementation to be great. the walkman z has a great implementation with the tegra 2 so most apps will work great but the lack of sd support and especially the price of the device is just crazy in todays pmp market.im sure they sound well even equal with the cowons but z2 white 16 gig on amazon is 219$ +64gig sdxc its hard to beat

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 15
Sorry to revive a relatively old thread but since this is the only place i see amazon mentioned... Anyone know why amazon only see 16gbs in white and 32gbs in black? Or am I doing something wrong? ... ...

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #11 of 15
Oh ok. Yeah I meant the Cowon Z2, sry I could've been clearer
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:
i have the same problem ... can't choose between the Z2 and the iPod 5
I have a Fiio E11 AMP and AiAiAi TMA-1 Studio.

I'd go with the 5th gen Touch over the Cowon Z2. Cowon's Android players have some issues still. If you want Cowon get one of the non-Android models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back