Cowon Z2 or SGP 4.0
Feb 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

audio800

New Head-Fier
Hi guys - I'm looking to buy an android device (not an ipod) and I'm deciding between these two mentioned. here is my basic criteria. If anyone could lead me towards one of the players mentioned or suggest a different similar one, it would be great! Thanks a lot!
WHAT I WANT IN MY ANDROID DEVICE:
-I don't mind if the Cowon doesn't have android app store because I'll only use internet for simple web browsing and email. (I would like a dedicated email app) - though some simple games would be nice
-The camera on the Samsung is neat - especially the front camera for video chat - can it be used as a webcam?
- I hear the Cowon's AMOLED screen is amazing - how do the resolutions compare?
-Tactile buttons are vital -  I adore the Cowon because of the buttons of the buttons on the side. (I know this sounds kind of sad) but I think more manufacturers should use real buttons on touchscreen devices. The more the merrier!

As said before, I am looking to buy one of these players, or a similar one. Here are some other criteria that is important;
-It will be used with Windows 7, XP, and possibly Linux - I don't know about compatibility etc.
-8GB is plenty space for me
-MY BUDGET - this is the killer - I know the Z2 is like $270 in korea (exportprive.com) but I was hoping when its released in the US the price will drop. There is no way I'm paying over $200 for an 8GB device. If the Samsung has dual cameras and android market, it shouldn't stay $100 cheaper. My maximum budget is a little over $200. i don't want to look like a fool next to someone who bought an Ipod Touch for $199.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back