COWON X9: Micro sd card trouble
Jun 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Froststep

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a cowon x9 and a 64gb sandisk micro sd to use in it.
I am having the hardest time trying to find instructions(that are understandable in any way) on how to format it to play music. can anyone help, im really starting to loose it with this thing?
Also for some reason it is being read as only being 30.33gb why is this.

thanks
triportsad.gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
I recently bought a cowon x9 and a 64gb sandisk micro sd to use in it.
I am having the hardest time trying to find instructions(that are understandable in any way) on how to format it to play music. can anyone help, im really starting to loose it with this thing?
Also for some reason it is being read as only being 30.33gb why is this.

thanks
triportsad.gif

You need to get the microsd formatted to FAT32 for the X9 to recognize it, the cards come formatted to exFAT....there are only certain formatters capable of doing it, and I don't know which ones. The alternative is put that card in an Android phone....I believe that might accomplish the formatting, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Jun 7, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 9
Indeed, you need to use a third party SDcard formatter, but only some of them will format a card to its full capacity in FAT32 if it's larger than 32 GB. A few minutes on Google should solve the problem.

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks i got the music on the card, however it still remains at 30gb instead of 64. Also for some reason the actual cowon its self is supposed to have 16GB but it only reads as having 2.9 you wouldnt know why this is would you?

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #5 of 9
As far as internal memory goes, I'd try a full reset of the player. Now, for the SD card, as said above, you have to use a specific program for that. The one I use with success is the HP USB Disk Storage Format tool. It'll format a 64gb micro SD Card in FAT32 to its full capacity.

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
As far as internal memory goes, I'd try a full reset of the player. Now, for the SD card, as said above, you have to use a specific program for that. The one I use with success is the HP USB Disk Storage Format tool. It'll format a 64gb micro SD Card in FAT32 to its full capacity.

Cool i erased the whole internal memory and formated it this worked
biggrin.gif

I will have a look at that program lets hope it works on mac.
Thanks for your help

May 25, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #8 of 9
Had the same probleme ,64gb sd are exFAT,I used Fat32Formatter.another one is SDFormatter to change to Fat32 no probs
DO NOT FORMAT WHEN SD CARD IS IN THE X9 use a cardreader

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #9 of 9
I had other problem I have a microsd 32gb that work Ok but recently when I switch on The player when is in verified microsd stoped for long time and I have that go out The microsd for that switch on and work normal ....what can I do? I format The microsd and when is without data The x9 recognized The sd without problems....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back