Cowon X7 vs X9 vs C2
Apr 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Uhly

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a portable player with support for FLAC and given that I have only $300, it seems that Cowon X7, X9 and C2 are the ones I can afford (if there are others please let me know). How would you compare them? Is there a clear choice among such models?

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I'm looking for a portable player with support for FLAC and given that I have only $300, it seems that Cowon X7, X9 and C2 are the ones I can afford (if there are others please let me know). How would you compare them? Is there a clear choice among such models?

I don't think Cowons can do line-out. If you ever want to be able to use an amp, have you considered RockBoxing an iPod Classic? Or just using ALAC rather than FLAC? What's your current setup-if you don't have one yet, an amp+a cheaper player might be better.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I don't think Cowons can do line-out. If you ever want to be able to use an amp, have you considered RockBoxing an iPod Classic? Or just using ALAC rather than FLAC? What's your current setup-if you don't have one yet, an amp+a cheaper player might be better.

My whole collection is in FLAC (around 300 Gb). I used to have a rockbox ipod for years, but it went missing last week.

At home and wherever I can stay for a while, I use a laptop with Headstreamer DAC and Sennheiser HD 598. The player I want to buy is to be used mostly during commuting.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Cowon C2 is a decent player, however you could also consider Colorfly C3 and add a C&C BH amp to set up a very nice sounding rig, all the foot print of a credit card. Would set you back about $200 for the C3 & BH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back