Cowon X7 sound/EQ issue
Sep 7, 2011 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

THETEST

New Head-Fier
First of all I`d like to say that I searched the forums and didn`t find the answer, that`s why I`m starting a new topic.

Second, I have a mac and cowon x7. Bad combination, I know...
Here`s the story: yesterday I unplugged my x7 unsafely and all the files were "gone". Hopefully, I knew the solution that worked the previous time. It also worked this time (just need to format the FLASH drive). But another problem occurred... After formatting the flash drive and tweaking EQ the sound became awful. A very noticeable distortion appeared on both lows and highs. How can that be ? I replaced some tracks which I tested (thought they were somehow corrupted after unplugging)-no result. Tried different firmwares-no result. I even formatted BOTH drives, copied some tracks-no result. There was still this distortion, noise in all tracks. I switched to Rock preset-eveything was OK ! The same was with other presets...

So here`s the custom EQ setting I use: 9/1/5/3/6 nar/wide/wide/normal/wide (80Hz-220Hz-1.1kHz-3.0kHz,13kHz), BBE 10, Mach3Bass 3, 3D Surrond 3, MP enhance ON, STE 3 ,Reverb 0. All tracks I tested were in FLAC and sounded perfectly before I unplugged my player yesterday... I think I checked everything, even the headphone connector !

Can anyone help me solve this ? 
confused.gif

P.S. Funny, about 4 months ago I had exactly the same issue, but I don`t remember the solution >_<

Sep 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 4
You either didn't format correctly. I think FAT32 works best.

Or your headphones suck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back