Cowon X7, A friend and a foe.
Mar 27, 2011 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Wash

New Head-Fier
Sup, guys.

I got my cowon x7 today. A couple questions for owners of it.

I like it. I listen to most of my music through portable means, as the quality isnt that great through an onboard setup, so it's nice to have my entire library on hand, .flac included. I had an ipod classic 7g before so I couldnt rockbox it due to steve jobs being a control freak and messing up the firmware. SQ is great on the x7 too, although had no complaints about the classic.

So, my questions. It seems to have to seperate hard drives, the HDD and one labeled "Flash", which through my incredible powers of observation, I've assumed is for flash. I synced my music to the HDD, as it has a ton more space. The drag and drop is great, and I'll be using that in the future.

When it's plugged in, winamp recognizes the flash drive, but sometimes it won't recognize the HDD, but my computer recognizes both just fine. I'm guessing this is something I'm doing wrong.

After the initial sync of my library, I added my .flac to the list, and changed out some of the mp3s i had with .flac. I went to resync and it decided to resync my entire library again, even the stuff I didnt even touch. Again, assuming this is something I'm doing wrong. I'll prevent that in the future by using drag and drop, but it's a pain when your messing around with a bunch of different folders.

Other than syncing it, it works beautifully.

Mar 27, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
After the initial sync of my library, I added my .flac to the list, and changed out some of the mp3s i had with .flac.

Do you mean you converted your mp3's to flac? That doesn't make the quality better it only makes it worse because you can't convert lossy to lossless
smile.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 3
Naw, i had .flac versions of the .mp3s, cant run .flac on my classic, so i had multiples, mp3 for ipod, .flac for at home. but now the cowon runs flac so i switched em out.

New problems. I synced it up again while i was at work, came home, and now a bunch of artists wont show up and some when you play the song, it skips and the cowon wont do anything until you reset it.

I'm going to call them up tonight if they have 24/7 support, or day after tommorow, as i have work tommorow 4-10, get off school at 3, so can't call then.

just my luck that the only player with everything I want is incredibly buggy. Hopefully they can correct it, if not, I have made a pretty bad purchase.

EDIT: Apparently, cowon america doesnt have a phone line, sending an email out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back