cowon x5 battery swap
Nov 29, 2007 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Malakei

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there guys i purchased a replacement oem battery for my cowon x5 a while back but havent gotten around to throwing it in. couple reasons, 1 being that im lazy and i procrastinate. 2 being that it involves soldering which i havent done since high school and im not confident that i wont drop smoldering solder on the back of the lcd or something while replacing the battery and ruining the player. so. that being said this thread serves 2 purposes.

1 Calling out to anyone in ontario who has done this on an x5 or a similar dap that required soldering that had sucess.
2 asking anyone who has done or heard of this being done for the link for the step by step instructions, i know there is a video out there or step by step that shows how to perform this operation but i have misplaced the bookmark it seems and havent been able to find it again.

Thanks for all the help guys.
biggrin.gif
much appreciated

Nov 29, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 4
procrastination is so much fun!
tongue.gif

I was in the same situation as you. I found a friend with good eye who is handy with a soldering iron and he made $20 out of it.

He soldered the replacement battery to the board.

I got the new battery cause my charge only lasted like 1-2 hours.Now it's more around 7-9 hours. Probably the same for you?

Have you verified on iaudiophile.net, either the site or the forum?
Have you verified on anythingbutipod.com, either the site or the forum?

regards,

Nov 30, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #3 of 4
I got all my info on the iaudiophile.net forums when I did my battery swap. This was before I got my new soldering iron so i was using an old ratshack iron with a bent/worn tip. Somehow nothing went wrong and now I'm enjoying 10hrs of charge from my ds lite battery. The biggest thing to be careful about though is the hard drive connector.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 4
who did your battery swap? where is he located, i will register on iaudiophile.net now but im eager to get this done. all my cans go to waste when i have no portable. I hardly ever use them indoors when i have speakers to use :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back