Cowon vs Android Voodoo Sound (Galaxy S, Nexus S phones Galaxy Tab and Asus Transformer)?
Aug 18, 2011 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nraudigy2

New Head-Fier
Apr 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 2
I was debating on getting j3 but I, too, have experienced the wonderful galaxy s (like all 5 models) plus voodoo and it is indeed amazing. The nexus s in particular has the most powerful amp. It is wonderful and rivals the sound from even my fiio e17 although I don't want to think about it since I love the e17 and paid 140 for it not to mention an excruciating wait, The e17 does have its advantages though.... Reaaaalllly good bass boost... And just bass. No midbass or mid encroaching.....seriously maki me more of a bass head singlehandedly. Also less distortion for worse quality songs or higher levels I think. And of course the USB dac is really handy.

How is the sound recording of a j3?

Voodoo can also optimize sound recording on the galaxy.

I feel like I should not get j3 even though it has bbe..... Because an android device will be easier to use with poweramp and have wifi and all....and bigger screen.

Anyone wanna sway me to j3?

For those who have had cowon j3..... Since it doesn't have line out....... How would that compare to a iPod 5.5 gen with and without LOD? Also with the fiio E17 or another amp...is having all those bbe sound enhancements on the cowon a waste since itd probably be better to keep on flat with e17?

Really trying to decide if I should keep the iPod or not since I miss touch controls,...in fact if I got the j3 I would maybe miss larger 4" screen and wifi of a galaxy s. In glad to know that the j3 at least has search with keyboard functionality...someone I really miss with the iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back