Cowon S9
Aug 14, 2009 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gooner265

New Head-Fier
Now that gapless seems to be possible on the S9 I am very interested as an upgrade from my Sony HD5. Just a couple of questions .

1. Can you tag lyrics to the songs so I can read them during each track , I'm not bothered about them scrolling along just want a page to come up with the full lyrics on.Could I upload txt files of all the albums lyrics stored to view while listening to the song for example.

2. Can you sort songs by the release year so you can just play songs from a particular year like I can on my Sony A808.

Thanks in Advance

Aug 15, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 8
Hello.

1. You can tag lyrics to the MP3 files, but you'll have to deal with syncing the lyrics to the sound, which is not only time consuming, but also boring. Like you said, you can store text files with full lyrics and use the bundled document viewer to read the lyrics while a specific track is being played. The playback won't stop when you switch to the text reader, so you can listen and read at the same time.

2. You can select songs from a given year using the music browser, and the player will build a playlist with songs from that year.

Cheers.

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 8
That's great , thanks for that , just one more question. Do txt files take up a large amount of memory so for example if I had the lyrics for every album stored on there would that severly restrict my 32 gigs?

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooner265 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's great , thanks for that , just one more question. Do txt files take up a large amount of memory so for example if I had the lyrics for every album stored on there would that severly restrict my 32 gigs?

txt files don't take much room at all, a few bytes to a few kb. I would be more worried about movies

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 8
Like Sefu said, the text files take far less room than music, picture and movie files. I wouldn't worry about that.

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #6 of 8
Great stuff seems the cowon is for me , I take it you can keep the txt files tidy in folders for example u2 lyrics in in a u2 folder with album subfolders?

Aug 22, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooner265 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great stuff seems the cowon is for me , I take it you can keep the txt files tidy in folders for example u2 lyrics in in a u2 folder with album subfolders?

I'll check that and report later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back