Cowon S9 VS Ipod touch - what to buy?
Feb 17, 2009 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LiranV

100+ Head-Fier
I want to buy a player that will be an upgrade from my current iriver h340. I think i would go for the s9.. but is there anything on the ipod that makes him better then the ipod and more worth buying?

Feb 17, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #3 of 7
do what I'm doing

8gb Touch for Podcasts and or playing games/surfing net etc

and a 12/16gb Sansa Fuze for listening to FLAC
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiranV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to buy a player that will be an upgrade from my current iriver h340. I think i would go for the s9.. but is there anything on the ipod that makes him better then the ipod and more worth buying?

If you do a search for "Cowon S9" in the title, you'll find a couple of recent threads comparing the Cowon and the iPod.
wink_face.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #7 of 7
If you don't need EQ, don't need FLAC, don't need the S9s obnoxiously long battery life, don't mind being tied to iTunes, don't need the S9's better screen (both are excellent though), and don't mind paying a slight premium, go for the Touch. IMO, it's flat SQ is better than the S9, the web browser is very convenient (some people say "why in the world would I use it when I'm always near a computer," but really it is pretty much as easy to use as a computer for checking something really quick, like Facebook or eBay). The App store provides endless entertainment. There's always the option of using a LOD to give you better SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back