Cowon s9 video battery life is awful
Oct 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

deadpool86

Head-Fier
So ive had my s9 for a while now and I really like it, its easily the best media player ive ever owned. Battery life for music is unreal, but video battery life is worse than the cheap knock off mp3 players

I have my brightness on 1, and I get maybe an hour of video. If it were on 6, id get like 30min if that. What gives?

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 4
Are you sure?

Charge the cowon until it says fully charged, not until the little indicator is full. The indicator is not accurate.

The same goes for discharging, when it is empty, you still have about an hour (music).

Otherwise, send it back. I got 60 hours on mine (but I tend to have screen on 3, and off for almost all of the time, listening to all of mahler's symphonies, in order, then on to Sibelius and Shostakovich). It should be stellar.

-Nkk

EDIT: nevermind, saw you said it was good for music. For video, I still get 4 to 6 hours with the screen turned higher than normal, so I still do not know what you are talking about. The screen may be killing it. Try it around 3 (which is IIRC where Cowon did the batter tests).

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 4
I've used the video playback many times, and I definitely get more than 2 hours on it, easily (and that's with the brightness on 6). Could it be the encoding itself, perhaps? I'm not sure if the encoding plays a major role in battery drain or not. My videos are usually 640x480 XVID's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back