Cowon S9 stock earbuds - what make are they?
Feb 23, 2010 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Covenant

Headphoneus Supremus
So, my Sennheiser PMX200's decided to die recently, and I was forced to dig through my cable drawers to find an alternative.

I dug up 3 pairs of earbuds, all of which had been stock 'buds of one mp3 player or another. One had come with my old iRiver H320, the next with my iRiver E10, and the last with my most recent acquisition the Cowon S9.

I had expected the Sennheiser buds that'd come with the H320 to be the winner of the trio, but surprisingly the iAudio buds that came with the S9 left both of it's competitors in the dust. These things are almost as good as the PMX200's they're replacing
eek.gif

Does anyone know what make they are? I'm guessing Cowon rebranded some other manufacturer's earbuds for bundling with the S9.

Regardless, if you're an S9 owner, give the stock buds a try. They might surprise you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 5
Skullcandy.
icon10.gif

Just kidding, I have no idea. I've also heard that they're quite good though.

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy.
icon10.gif

Just kidding, I have no idea. I've also heard that they're quite good though.

No, they suck.
Even the Soundmagic ph10 is a noticeable upgrade.

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #4 of 5
should be cresyn... they've been providing earphones for cowon players for some time...

I own the Cresyn CS-EP300 & for 15 bucks, they're pretty darn good...

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #5 of 5
They're suprisingly good indeed, I wouldn't want to use them every day but when you have to use them, at least they make a sound you can call music. Instead of most standard earbuds manufactures deliver with their MP3-players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back