Cowon S9 questions
Nov 26, 2009 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Technex

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I have been a happy user of my Samsung P3 for a few months but it has decided to die.
frown.gif

I am now looking at getting a Cowon S9 as there was some things with the Samsung P3 I didn't like.

The Samsung P3 didn't have a dedicated physical track/skip button, the P3 couldn't play songs while playing flash, only the limited included games. The P3 would also sometimes freeze up and the firmware always seemed to have some kind of bugs, no good support from Samsung.

I have a list of questions which I hope you could kindly help me with on the Cowon S9.

Can you use Flash applications (Or any user added game equivalent) while listening to music?

How quick is it to change the screen brightness setting?

Are there any bugs or problems with the current firmware?

Can you select "Play current Folder" when browsing for music. As sometimes I would like to play all of my folders contained in another folder, my P3 couldn't do this.

How is the support from Cowon? Do they support this player well?

I understand that the Cowon S9 has pretty much the best audio quality out of most DAP's?

Thank you very much in advance,

Laurence

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Can you use Flash applications (Or any user added game equivalent) while listening to music?
Yes with specific user interface (like ClawUI or Aero) you must create a custom icon as launcher for flash file.
Stock UI use Flash folder but when you start a flash file by this way music shut down.

How quick is it to change the screen brightness setting?
You can change it fast with widget on screen

Are there any bugs or problems with the current firmware?
Some issues with Mac and Linux OS but since the FW x.41 there has fewer problems

Can you select "Play current Folder" when browsing for music. As sometimes I would like to play all of my folders contained in another folder, my P3 couldn't do this.
Yes with specific settings, you must have a S9 in hand to understand them.

How is the support from Cowon? Do they support this player well?
Fine.

I understand that the Cowon S9 has pretty much the best audio quality out of most DAP's?
Among the best indeed.

atsmile.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're going to love it.
biggrin.gif

3359886651_3574d1cba4_o.jpg

Is that a custom gui you're using? Looks way better than the Aero G2 I'm using. Care to share?
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 12
It's an old music UCI (no jeteffect 3.0 in EQ selection), it can come with his mainmenu too but Aero G2 is more functional and customizable.
This is Curve S Line.
(Click on each picture to download it)

Contains Mainmenu Chrome & Titanium (don't use music.swf in this archive)

Contains the last Music menu version with his source

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #11 of 12
I just want to add that since buying my S9 in February, there have been two (maybe three, I forget) firmware upgrades released. It seems that Cowon is pretty serious about their support. The community on their forums have been pretty good about answering questions, as well.

That is a rad looking UI! I actually am still using the default UI, I should really play around with that more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back