Cowon S9 or A3 or Q5W
Feb 22, 2009 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

32y0

100+ Head-Fier
I decided to buy a new player and I really like cowon, but now I don't know wich to choose.

S9: Flash memory, battery life, amoled, small.
A3: Higher capacity, 10-band equalizer, big screen, great video playback, lots of codecs supported.
Q5W: High capacity, lots of extra features.

I will mainly use it for video and music, so I don't know if I will use all the extra's of the Q5W, but it's kinda cool.
I really like to play around with the equalizer.
I want high capacity because of flac music files and video's (S9 only has 16GB at the moment).
And a good battery life is also appreciated.

I hope you guys can help me.

Feb 23, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 7
I never tried a Q5W, but I've read somewhere that i takes ages to boot because of WinCe 5.0. There are also rumors that Cowon will discontinue it soon as there haven't been firmware updates since ages. But having WLAN and being able to run apps would be great. That's definitely something I would like on my A3 too. The S9 screen is AMOLED, but low resolution (480 x 272), the 5" screen of the Q5W and the 4" screen of the A3 are better (800 x 480). They all have their pros and cons. A3 basttery life has improved with the latest firmware versions, I don't know about the other devices.

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm pretty sure there will be a 32 GB version of the S9 in 1-3 months time.

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #4 of 7
Yep pretty sure that the storage upgrade is not that far off. I still don't know if the 32gb capacity will satisfy your needs due to the size of FLAC files..unless there is a 64gb coming too.. (*wanders off into dreamland*)

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Hey, yer I have the Q5W, and it's great! Only thing is, make sure you know what environment you'll be using the player in. As in with travel, Q5Ws are LIFE SAVERS!!! The S9 would be great for casual listening, everyday use, with a 'flashy' exterior, ect.
The A3 would be great for everyday use fullstop.

BAck to the Q5W, its great just don't buy it FOR the extra features, make sure you've researched everything extensively
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back