Cowon S9 - Only the best - With Pictures and Videos!!
Dec 26, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #106 of 136
I will not bother for 32gig, I will swim when they release at least a 64 or 120 gig variant.

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #107 of 136
Never having used a tag editor, and having thousands of cd's in my collection, I am growing increasing frustrated with the fact my cd's are not showing up with album art, and the songs on each album are arranged alphabetically, not in the order they appear on the disc. Any help would be appreciated...

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #110 of 136
Here's what I don't understand: when I look at the album tracks in the Cowon Media Center, the songs are in order, yet when I disconnect and look at them on the player, they are arranged alphabetically. This is frustrating. I don't understand how to go about editing the album art and/or the track listing...I am kinda clueless with this stuff

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #111 of 136
If you're looking in folder browsing, they'll be in alphabetical order if you haven't got the track number in front of the track name. This is how it should be. The fact they're in the right order on your computer suggests this.

However, if you're actually looking in the database under Artist or Album, then I don't have a clue. Sorry!

EDIT: Will be worth having a look at this post

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #113 of 136
^ Thanksforthatgemofenlightenment.
wink.gif

Dec 28, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #114 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebhelyesfarku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No gapless playback: p. o. s.

A bit over the top.

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #116 of 136
Any Rockboxed device, so yes plenty out there if you do your research.

Dec 28, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #118 of 136
Album cover art is a bit frustrating here as well. With a very large collection of FLAC ripped with EAC, I have all my music tagged with album art as a folder.jpg. I have tried both synching the player as well as drag and drop, which I would prefer. I have tried MSC and MTP modes and I am running the most current 2.06 firmware. The only thing that seems to work is to synch it with Media Monkey, which puts the songs in alphabetical order and doesn't use the file tree organization method I would like. (There probably is a way to organize with file tree and MM but yesterday was the first day I ever used that program. I would prefer NOT to have use ANY program to put music on the S9) That or to go into each album folder and rename all the folder.jpg to cover.jpg, which I am not going to do. What a pain! How about a firmware update that really fixes the album art problem, not creates more of a headache? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dec 28, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #119 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmh1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Album cover art is a bit frustrating here as well. With a very large collection of FLAC ripped with EAC, I have all my music tagged with album art as a folder.jpg. I have tried both synching the player as well as drag and drop, which I would prefer. I have tried MSC and MTP modes and I am running the most current 2.06 firmware. The only thing that seems to work is to synch it with Media Monkey, which puts the songs in alphabetical order and doesn't use the file tree organization method I would like. (There probably is a way to organize with file tree and MM but yesterday was the first day I ever used that program. I would prefer NOT to have use ANY program to put music on the S9) That or to go into each album folder and rename all the folder.jpg to cover.jpg, which I am not going to do. What a pain! How about a firmware update that really fixes the album art problem, not creates more of a headache? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

All my flac album art shows up (cover.jpg), what firmware are you using? I have 2.6.

Dec 28, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #120 of 136
All my art is a folder.jpg file, not cover.jpg. This is the default filename that WMP gives to cover art. I originally ripped everything using WMP, then discovered EAC for FLAC. I reused the folders originally created by WMP to store my FLAC rips after deleting the contents and left the cover art. New rips were created and I just used a folder.jpg name for all the new cover art by default. I would think Cowon would at least be aware that some people would rip with WMP and that their cover art would not show up. I really don't want to go into hundreds of album folders to rename the files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back