Cowon S9 for Napster Music to Go
Nov 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MadDog

500+ Head-Fier
Is anyone able to get the S9 to work on Napster using MTP mode? I searched every where but couldn't find just one person who says he/she was able to get this to work. I want to try S9 but this is what's holding me down.

Any idea?

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 11
While my X1061's in transit (RMA), I wanted to get an alternative device. The new Sony S series sounded so cheap and so does Zen X-FI. The iTouch sounded somewhat tolerable but as you stated I don't think Apple via iTunes provides something like Napster Music to Go where you can download unlimited songs to your device with monthly subscription.

I really wanted to get S9 but I guess no one got it to work with Napster.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 11
Once you download the MP3 files, you can always drag-and-drop them onto the S9 via MSC mode.

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my S9 from Amazon today and yeah, Napster Music to Go does work with S9!
What a pleasant surprise...all you have to do is have it at MTP mode.

Nice of you to confirm.
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad it worked out for you and hope you enjoy your new PMP.

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my S9 from Amazon today and yeah, Napster Music to Go does work with S9!
What a pleasant surprise...all you have to do is have it at MTP mode.

So you bought an S9 but are getting the X back? How do you compare them. Very curious, since I have the X 1061, but if the S9 compares SQ-wise, I could swap them and save some $$$, since the Sony browser is lousy anyway. I know there is a thread on it, but what's you view?

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #11 of 11
I had X for about 3 month before I sent it back for an exchange (Jesus, I am getting it back tomorrow) and S9 I had about an hour usage. Unfortunately, my JH13 is in for refit so I wouldn't know the final until I get all my equipment back.

If you ask me right now how S9 compares with X using IE8? My honest opinion would be I don't know which one I like better. S9 sounds more grand yet X seems to have more weight to it. I could understand why some people may think S9 sounds better. It has so many customized sound settings which are quite responsive that there is strong possibility that you could make it sound much better than X. S9 has a great potential. For now I like the simple interface of X better but need more time to learn S9's new interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back