Cowon Q5W
Nov 30, 2007 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GUNS

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. I know the Cowon Q5W has only just been released and its fairly hard to find at the moment. Does anyone know of any stores in the U.S. whom have it in stock yet? There are a few websites, but i'm having someone else buy one for me whilst their working over there and they are staying in hotels etc. so buying from the web isn't really an option. I'd like to get one and she is coming back in a week or so it would be great if she managed to pick up one of these before hand
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for your help! GUNS

edit - Hmm i've realised that there are pretty much no stores which sell Cowon products, only websites
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 7
paper lunch, very usual with cowon, hopfully they will be in the stores by xmas,

i would love to have one, but im starting to worry that the 13 hours for audio might not be enough, and that it might be a bit heavy with all the windows mobile stuff on it,

on the other hand, a windows mobile PDA with 13 hour battery file, a 40gb hard drive, and it has good audio and video support, i guess its about how you sell its, its not such a good PMP, but its an awesome PDA,

Dec 1, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
paper lunch, very usual with cowon, hopfully they will be in the stores by xmas,

i would love to have one, but im starting to worry that the 13 hours for audio might not be enough, and that it might be a bit heavy with all the windows mobile stuff on it,

on the other hand, a windows mobile PDA with 13 hour battery file, a 40gb hard drive, and it has good audio and video support, i guess its about how you sell its, its not such a good PMP, but its an awesome PDA,

The price doesn't justify it as a pmp, but with a built in gps, and a vast support of codecs, it's probably the best pmp on the market currently. although at this price you might as well get a small laptop...

Dec 1, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 7
It doesn't have bult-in GPS. It uses a GPS cradle.

And I'd like to know of a PMP that is at or under $600, has at least 60gigs of space, has as nice a screen (look at iaudiophile for A3/Q5W comparison shots), as nice a resolution, as much codec support, etc.

I don't honestly see anything that matches it, besides much more expensive UMPC.

Dec 1, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #6 of 7
At ~600$+taxes and shipping (because chances are you won't find one near you), it's just too expensive for my liking. While it's worth it (to a certain extent), it's too much of a convergence for my liking. It's trying to do too much. at 600$ that's the cost of a cheap laptop. While I recently acquired an iPod Touch (at much less than MSRP), I already have a laptop and just need a supplement. I'm just afraid that it's too many features in one device, for which I'd rather have separate devices. This is immediately apparent when it comes to batteries. For example, I have a phone and an iPod Touch. Why not an iPhone? Because if iPhone's battery is dead, then I don't have multimedia or internet either. Same thing with my iTouch and Notebook. To save battery power on my laptop, I can use the iTouch for basic internet browsing and MSN messenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back