Cowon Q5W firmware upgraded v1.47
Apr 18, 2008 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ricky112

Head-Fier
Hi i have a Cowon Q5W. i just upgraded it to v1.47, but when i did i powered on my device and all of a sudden my music files and movie files were all gone including my photos. When i connect the usb cable from my device and into the computer i used the cowon media center to check all my files, and they were there but for some strange reason the files are not on the cowon q5w what could be the problem?

Apr 18, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #2 of 11
since when i connect the usb cable from the device and into the computer the files are there in their folders but on my device it doesnt show this. Is there anyway to get my files back so it can show in the device?

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #5 of 11
Ricky, that's normal. With Cowon firmware updates, all media files on your player are deleted. Keep that in mind next time you upgrade your firmware, and you shouldn't have anymore surprises.

Apr 23, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ricky, that's normal. With Cowon firmware updates, all media files on your player are deleted. Keep that in mind next time you upgrade your firmware, and you shouldn't have anymore surprises.

Awwwww mannnn is there anyway to get back all my music, videos, and photos all of my Hannah Montana 1, 2 and Miley Cyrus songs and video episodes are on there.
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #7 of 11
Copy them off the device onto your computer, then copy them back onto the device. You'll be enjoying your...Hannah Montana again in no time.
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Copy them off the device onto your computer, then copy them back onto the device. You'll be enjoying your...Hannah Montana again in no time.
wink.gif

Unfortunately, the firmware upgrade wipes all the music and video files, so they're pretty much gone. Sorry for your loss. However, I believe this was mentioned in the firmware installations, as well as in the manual.

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, the firmware upgrade wipes all the music and video files, so they're pretty much gone. Sorry for your loss. However, I believe this was mentioned in the firmware installations, as well as in the manual.

Ah, I misinterpreted the OP's original message and though that they said all the files were still on the device, but for some reason unseen.

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #10 of 11
Upgrading the firmware has never deleted my media off the player? Make sure you are browsing in the correct directory within the media player app as when upgrading the firmware it defaults to a different location (and thus you won't be able to see your media files).

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #11 of 11
This happens on my Cowon D2, and I believe this happens on most Cowon/iAudio players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back