Cowon J3s are impossible to find!
Mar 20, 2011 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

NonApplicable

100+ Head-Fier
I'm a little late to the J3 party because I held out for the D3. After reading about the disaster that player is musically, I want to go back to simpler times when J3 was the clearly my only option. The problem is Cowon is making it impossible to find a 32gb White J3 that will ship for a decent price to Canada. Have I missed the boat, how difficult has it been to receive your Cowon players in the past?

Mar 20, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 13
Mar 20, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 13
Thanks for your help, but even if it could ship to Canada that price is in Euros. Thats about 1.4X the amount of our loonie.

Did they only produce a quarter of the amount of White coloured J3s compared to black J3s or are they so popular that they all sold out? 

Mar 20, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #4 of 13
Yeah we get pretty much shafted over here with most prices - I suppose a black J3 with a white Ringke cover won't do it?

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 13
Just received my White 32gb from exportprive today! Took me a few tried to put on the screen protector that it comes with but it is all worth it. It is currently drying in a bowl of rice right now so tomorrow I can officailly test drive it.

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
Just received my White 32gb from exportprive today! Took me a few tried to put on the screen protector that it comes with but it is all worth it. It is currently drying in a bowl of rice right now so tomorrow I can officailly test drive it.

Drying? Rice? 
confused.gif

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 13
I used the wet application method for putting on my screen protector. Easier to smooth out bubbles.  Rice extracts any liquid that may have got inside the player.

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
I used the wet application method for putting on my screen protector. Easier to smooth out bubbles.  Rice extracts any liquid that may have got inside the player.

Ahh - Gotcha!

Well, I'll never learn anything if I don't ask! What headphones are you gonna plug into it? And do yourself a favor, load it up with some nice lossless files and try the custom EQ...

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #10 of 13
Was about to buy from Exportprive, but Im torn between the J3 and D3 now. I'm thinking of going for the D3 if I can get them for relativly similar prices then wait out while Cowon squashes those D3 bugs.

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #11 of 13
The J3 is here now, it's stable, it sounds great. The D3 is available too, but still quite buggy, some complain about the sound not being good enough. I like the idea of an Android-powered PMP, but I don't have any use for it. I have an Android smartphone for all my browsing, mailing, Skype-ing and casual gaming needs. My PMP only needs to play music. Hell, If I could have ordered the J3 without Bluetooth, FM radio, comic-book reader and movie playback, I would have. I just need something to play back my flac files with the best possible sound, nice battery life and a usable interface :)

To each his own, I prefer the J3, you might be happier with a D3 - only you can decide that :)

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #12 of 13
my thoughts exactly - the music on the J3 sounds great , i have loaded my FLAC files , connected my 252/262 IEMs and the party has been going on for 3 months straight
bigsmile_face.gif

Buying the 16gb J3 with ringke case and screen protector from Daniel here , was the best move i made for me and my well being muisc-wise

J3 FTW.

Quote:
The J3 is here now, it's stable, it sounds great. The D3 is available too, but still quite buggy, some complain about the sound not being good enough. I like the idea of an Android-powered PMP, but I don't have any use for it. I have an Android smartphone for all my browsing, mailing, Skype-ing and casual gaming needs. My PMP only needs to play music. Hell, If I could have ordered the J3 without Bluetooth, FM radio, comic-book reader and movie playback, I would have. I just need something to play back my flac files with the best possible sound, nice battery life and a usable interface :)

To each his own, I prefer the J3, you might be happier with a D3 - only you can decide that :)

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #13 of 13
*SMACK*

Woo, virtual hi-five for buying 16gb J3's on this forum and enjoying the hell out of them! 
beyersmile.png

Sorry, it was your avatar's fault, I had to hi-five somebody. Now back to the office-blocking bliss that is Flac -> Cowon J3 -> Sennheiser HD25-1 II

Users who are viewing this thread

Back