Cowon J3 & Yuin PK1...How's the combo, anyone?
Feb 11, 2011 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jrazmar

500+ Head-Fier
I'm planning to buy the J3 since my Fuze is just ready to die anytime. Anyways, anyone ever tried the PK1 with the J3? How's the combo? PK1 sounds okay with the Sansa. I just don't know whether it would be great to pair it with the J3. Will it be able to drive the Yuin's 150 ohms? It's received so much admiration here so wondering if this would be my next player.

Appreciate your help.

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Don't see why it wouldn't sound better than plugging your PK1 into a Sansa.

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the response. Let's say aside from the fact that my sansa is about to retire, I'm thinking instead of buying another one, why not buy the J3. People here are saying that this is one of the best players they've ever heard. Just need a confirmation here from those who heard it with PK1. I have nothing against sansa. It's served me almost 2 yrs. Now I just want something new and the J3 might be it.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 6
The J3 is pretty great overall, but my minor gripes with it are the digititis and coloration.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 6
digititis?what's that? sorry...

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 6
It sounds rather dry and "digital" like a soundcard.

It also paints over the colors and textures in the music itself with its own.  Its BBE+ DSP makes it more palpable, in my opinion.
My ipod is almost the same, just a good deal less and slightly natural versus the J3 being mildly artificial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back