cowon, iaudios new releases
Oct 14, 2004 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

adamwillson001

New Head-Fier
iAUDIO_new_models.jpg

The korean iAUDIO will announce 3 new players in Korea Electronics Show (KES) 2004, October 6-10th.

They are the iAUDIO G3, iAUDIO 5 and iAUDIO M5!

The iAUDIO G3 50 hours above long time it will be able to use in order at AA size dry cell battery one, supports the USB 2.0 superhigh speed knock-down road with the product which is planned and the die leyk thu the nose which is ting, it is a diverse royal tomb model where also the FM radio reception and sound recording are possible.
Only the MP3 the bay will know specially the OGG, the WMA, the ASF and the WAV back mote nose deck remaking which will be distant to be possible and, also the clock and egg Ram function and the FM radio reservation sound recording function back will be supported and they will be able to use even with portable type store system.

The iAUDIO 5 124 color hundred light visuals recently syen function as many as the strongest sound market BBE sound system to support the USB 2.0 superhigh speed knock-down road with the product which equips the loading one formation wide liquid crystal and to apply the timbre control which 1200000000000 branches is various is possible. The automatic household duties support was loaded of course clock and egg Ram function and the FM reservation function back.

The iAUDIO M5 only music remaking knows with the hard disk elder brother MP3 player who affixes 1.8 inch 260000 color LCD the PC without the OTG (On-The-Go) function to lead and the digital camera and direct link, the image which is various and eastern image remaking is possible. Only with the fact that also the satisfactory degree of the son to raise more the FLAC which is a nothing loss compression nose deck which is identical with a CD sound quality (Free Lossless Audio Codec) it supports and high-pitched tone quality music appreciation it ties it is visible.

iAUDIO5: AAA Battery, 124 colour backlight, otherwise similar to U2
iAUDIO G3: AA Battery with up to 50 Hour Runtime, otherwise similar to U2

iAUDIO M5
* Colour LCD
* USB On The Go (allows you to connect e.g. Digital Cameras and copy Pictures to your Player without a PC)
* Limited Video Playback
* Picture Viewer
* FLAC, OGG, WMA, MP3, ASF, WAV Support
* Text File Viewer
* The M5 will have a remote
* 1.8-inch HD, 20gb (possibly a 40gb model to follow)
* same base size as the M3 - different thickness though
* FM Radio
* Voice Recording
* Line-In Recording

Unofficial & Unconfirmed Release Dates:

iAUDIO G3 - very soon!
iAUDIO 5 - November
iAUDIO M5 - December

And here for some guessing:
The iAUDIO5, G3 and iAUDIO U2 all use the same chipset (STMP 3520) so the feature set will be identical.
The iAUDIO M3 and M5 use the same chipset (Motorola/Freescale ColdFire SCF5249) so firmware support will stay just as good as it is right now.

bigger pics:
iAUDIOphile_M5.jpg

i5-front-01.jpg

KES2004_iAUDIO_photo_14.jpg

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 7
Wow, Cowon makes a HDDAP with an lcd on the main body...
tongue.gif

Problem is, it's excessive. I don't need video playback or picture viewing. And it'll probably be excessively expensive as a result.

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 7
is that info babelfished? that's some messed english.

supports the USB 2.0 superhigh speed knock-down road with the product which is planned and the die leyk thu the nose which is ting, it is a diverse royal tomb model

i just don't get it? hahaha. and if you don't need the color screen, get the m3 instead :-x hehe

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 7
If Cowon decides to get some sense into their heads and make a version of the M3 that doesn't need a remote, then sure! I'll pick it up in two seconds.

Oct 14, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 7
Cowon is already using their head. They decided to skip the screen on the main unit because:
a) It adds weight.
b) It adds to the size
c)Sucks more battery power because it is a larger screen.

The M3 is made truly for people who want to put their DAP in their pocket and doens't want to take it out. This new M5 is made for a specific group of people as well. If you don't fall into either those groups then don't buy either product. I on the other hand will be buying an M5 once it is realeased.

Oct 15, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
If Cowon decides to get some sense into their heads and make a version of the M3 that doesn't need a remote, then sure! I'll pick it up in two seconds.

yeah no doubt. They sent me one but I couldn't stand using that remote. Even if you're a remote lover, it was a badly designed remote.

controls were counter-intuitive and the wires were oriented in the wrong direction. i took some pics of this for the dapreview gallery...

sent it back, no review.

Oct 15, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna
Cowon is already using their head. They decided to skip the screen on the main unit because:
a) It adds weight.
b) It adds to the size
c)Sucks more battery power because it is a larger screen.

The M3 is made truly for people who want to put their DAP in their pocket and doens't want to take it out. This new M5 is made for a specific group of people as well. If you don't fall into either those groups then don't buy either product. I on the other hand will be buying an M5 once it is realeased.

that's not exactley true... the M3 is the same size as an iPod which of course has a screen on the main unit. see here: www.DAPdB.com

And, if it was for saving battery power, they could have smply made an option to turn off the LCD on the main unit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back