Cowon iAudio X5(L) vs iRiver H10
Sep 25, 2005 at 6:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

-Paolo-

100+ Head-Fier
I just found out there are some canadian stores that sell the X5.

Looking into it, I just wanted to see in a Sound Quality and battery life point of view would be the best choice...

Also what is the difference between the X5 and the X5L?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 25, 2005 at 11:19 AM Post #4 of 18
iaudiophile (iaudio fansite) have an excellent FAQ on its forum
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #5 of 18
also note that, if i'm not wrong, the h10 is only 5 g max? compared to x5l which is 20 or 30 g.

i own an x5l currently, and am very happy with it. sound wise, i think its as good as any other portable mp3 player

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by hansel_ng
also note that, if i'm not wrong, the h10 is only 5 g max? compared to x5l which is 20 or 30 g.

i own an x5l currently, and am very happy with it. sound wise, i think its as good as any other portable mp3 player

no they have a 20 gb

Sep 25, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
I just found out there are some canadian stores that sell the X5.

Looking into it, I just wanted to see in a Sound Quality and battery life point of view would be the best choice...

Also what is the difference between the X5 and the X5L?

Thanks in advance.

im really feeling the X5L
great battery life
good sound quality
lots of music codecs supported
plays movie with ok quality

but if you need music navigation based on ID3 tags, you might not want it. however there are programs that builds directories based on ID3 tags for you

Sep 26, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by 58impala
im really feeling the X5L
great battery life
good sound quality
lots of music codecs supported
plays movie with ok quality

but if you need music navigation based on ID3 tags, you might not want it. however there are programs that builds directories based on ID3 tags for you

The thing about the X5L is... you never even think about the battery...it just plays and plays and plays, loud, louder, loudest. It has been an absolute pleasure to own this player.

Sep 26, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by romesaz
Which canadian stores carry this player (iaudio)? where are ya located? and what are the prices like?

i saw something like that on iAudiophile.net forums

Sep 26, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b
The thing about the X5L is... you never even think about the battery...it just plays and plays and plays, loud, louder, loudest. It has been an absolute pleasure to own this player.

YES! I haven't recharged it once since my first full charge on it. just regular USB use charges enough. i probably dont have to fully charge until Wednesday or Thursday. (I just got it Friday afternoon)

Sep 26, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by romesaz
Which canadian stores carry this player (iaudio)? where are ya located? and what are the prices like?

Take a look at the authorized dealers/distributors list in the iAudio site : http://www.cowonamerica.com/buy/

I sent an email to one in Toronto, they were out of stock. There seems to be a larger store in Vaughan (York region, north of TO) that only carries mp3 players - might be a good place to visit if you are in the area.

Quote:

MP3 ME

Vaughn Mills Shopping Center
1 Bass Pro Mills Drive
Vaughan Mills, Ontario
L4K 5W4
Phone: 905-669-2200

All the Canadian dealers (very few) had no websites.
frown.gif

An option is to order from the US from eCost.com - they use the BorderFree service, and will give you a firm price, including dollar conversion, shipping, taxes and handling.

I never bought from them yet, but have added to cart and gone thru chackout to see what kind of costs they come up with. For some Senn headphones, they were very reasonable, and you know what price you are going to pay.
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #15 of 18
Thanks, Paolo - just realized in that thread that my favourite online store (NCIX) has the X5L - I couldn't find it anywhere in their site.

Good news for people looking for them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back