Cowon iAudio U3 Review - Almost Perfect
Mar 12, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohken
Most of the player's negatives lay with it's accessories, or lack thereof. Although I think it was worth the money, I still think that it is quite expensive and that with the price should have came a few very basic extras. The most important would be a case. Although I think the U3 is durable, it isn' made out of brushed stainless steel. It's made out of plastic, which as we all know scratches. A simple case would have been nice. Next I don't like that you need to charge the U3 via USB. There is an AC/DC charger but it is an optional accessory.

Just to point out a couple things:

1) The standard USB charger connection of this device is a strength. If you bought this device, then that automatically mean you have a computer to charge it at - otherwise how would you load the music in the first place? So everybody owns a U3 charger before you ever got the U3.

Also, on the road, you can go anywhere with the included (and practically weightless) USB connector and charge it anywhere there is a computer. Anywhere.

Moreove, that standard USB connector fits with many wall chargers. For example, every Windows mobile Pocket PC PDA and phone (and many other phones too) uses USB-tipped wall chargers. And they are far cheaper than any proprietar chargers that manufacturers often rip us off with. I'd have to say kudos to Cowon for not ripping us off there.

I for one am happy to not have paid Kudo for yet another charger when none is needed and I can get one cheap if I need it.

This is actually a strength of this device.

2) You are sort of over looking the fact that the recorder and the radio on this device would be "optional accessories" in many comparable devices *cough, Ipod*.

I stick the player in my jean pocket - Its never been scratched in there. For storage I simply slip it in the case that comes why my Ety Er-6. Done. What more would you want - bulky plactic "case" in shiny colours that is twice the size of the device and double the weight. Sometimes less is indeed....more.

Mar 13, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Falqon
I'm saying first you insult the small screen size, and then for some wierd reason you want more space. You don't really need a lot of space for tiny videos. Second, have you actually listened to a iAudio product? There's more to a player than more storage.

Well i was just saying that for serious video watching you need more than a 1.8" widescreen. And 2gb, say 1.8gb actual can hold say 4-5 400mb movies. Compared to the 30gb video ipod which can hold 60+ that's my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back