COWON iAUDIO F2 WHOAAA!!!
Nov 4, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #16 of 30
any pics?
How does it compare to the Creative Zen V? which I found out only works with XP so I can scratch that off my list. So, it's either buy the F1 now or save up a bit more and get the F2. (I have a focus group coming up, therefore the extra moola)

Nov 4, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #17 of 30
Spaceman how are the buttons? That's the only complaint I've heard expressed multiple times? Are they big enough?

Nov 5, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #20 of 30
Am I the only person that wishes it was bigger? Seeing that pic of the F2 next to the credit card....
blink.gif

Nov 5, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmins
wait for the cowon D2.

Realistically would anyone shopping for one consider the other? They seem quite different players.

Nov 5, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #22 of 30
it is tiny but well designed and the buttons are big enough. the virus popped up as soon as I first plugged the cowan into my pc so yeah I am certain it came with the player. no harm done but I should notify jetmall.

the bettery life appears to be very good. I haven't had it die on me yet after at least 3 hrs of use w/ the 600s so that's great under load.

Nov 5, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #23 of 30
I'm sure what those implying the link of virii and UMS is. If your anti-virus prog is set to scan attached drives, there doesn't need to be an executable run. There's have been some virii passed with DAPs, but it's still much more likely this is a false positive, but without a report it's impossible to tell.

So small:
32106949-2-300-DT2.gif
pic_f2_05.jpg

Nov 5, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Realistically would anyone shopping for one consider the other? They seem quite different players.

That comment was more to let people know about the D2.

Nov 6, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmins
wait for the cowon D2.

"""94 mW output total (16 ohms)"""""

That'll drive any thing, plus it's got 45 battery life and it plays flac, +sd slot.

http://www.iaudiophile.net/comment.php?comment.news.249

While that will be great on paper, imagine all of the noise that is already coming from these small players. Those of us with sensitive iems will not be able to listen to one of these wonders without of course having an amp. Now, having not been able to visit the link for some reason, I could be looking at a brick or converted wall-wart, so perhaps it is not portable at all, but I reckon it will whistle in the wind heaps.

As well, a battery powered portable player with that much power will have to have some very decent circuitry inside to make it actually sound good, perhaps it will be first DAP/amp combo that is worth talking about, though at 2000$ certified 5.0/5.0 value by HeadRoom, it may be a big seller in this community
very_evil_smiley.gif

Edit, so I just saw the link, for some reason it would not open from copy and paste and I had to click on it, what a wolly mess. anyway, it is not a brick and in stead really looks like a digital camera back or something, but still probably a bit of noise.

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #26 of 30
hey guys im interested in a new portable player too, the f2 looks GORGEOUS imo, but there isn't enough space on it for me... =( and i've been looking at the x5, but i was wondering a) is there goin to be an upgrade to the x5 anytime soon? and b) think they'll make a 10-30gig f2 or iAudio 6 anytime soon?
biggrin.gif

soon means around xmas

Nov 9, 2006 at 11:46 AM Post #28 of 30
I've never had a noise issue on any Cowon player, from the X5 to the U3 (latter of which has 60mW I believe). They have a really low, pretty much imperceptible noise level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back