Cowon iAudio D2 + Total Bithead + Good Phones (can I stop searching now?)
Jan 15, 2007 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

raymondrajotte

New Head-Fier
I recently got a Total BitHead Amp and am awaiting some HD600 and BT770 phones to arrive.

Because I got sucked into the forum vortex, started to look up FLAC and am now ready to make one last purchase and also to hate MaloS for a long time ... http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...=213907&page=2

I have searched for some portable players and am looking for the following features:
  1. Flash Player
  2. Handle FLAC
  3. Good build quality
  4. PC/MAC compatibility
  5. Line Out
  6. FM Tuner
  7. Don't need huge memory
  8. Don't need video features (I don't think)
  9. Mostly use at home and at work.

I have looked at a number of sites and forums and even used the very helpful Digital Audio Player database search http://www.dapreview.net/dapdb_mini/user_input.php

I think I've narrowed it down to the iAudio D2 4GB MP3 Player (which also comes with a Free 2GB SD Card if I get it through Advanced MP3 Players for £179.99) shipment after January 31st.

Should I be considering some other model(s)?

Many thanks in advance ... please be gentle!!
blink.gif

Jan 15, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #3 of 7
the D2 is a good choice, but I question whether your amp will be necessary with its 74mW (or 94) will be sufficient.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by elinenbe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon iAudio X5 with the Rockbox firmware. Or the iRiver H340 with the Rockbox firmware. Can't be beat.

WHEN is the next x5L EVER COMING OUT???!!!!

Jan 16, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by elinenbe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon iAudio X5 with the Rockbox firmware. Or the iRiver H340 with the Rockbox firmware. Can't be beat.

Looking for flash player not HDD I'm afraid. But I can see the X5 users are very enthusiastic
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the D2 is a good choice, but I question whether your amp will be necessary with its 74mW (or 94) will be sufficient.

I think I might need the Amp to keep the headphones from feeling unloved and underworked
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back