Cowon IAudio 9 + Monster MD + AMP
Jan 20, 2011 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jtack

Head-Fier
Trying to search around and find info regarding the use of a portable amp with my IAudio9 and Monster MD set up. I am not having any luck finding out if the Miles Davis IEM's benefit from amping. I would be able to swing maybe $200 or so on an amp. Would amping these IEM's be worth it? Thanks!

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 4
Mostly IEMs are all easy to drive (except for something like Ety ER4S)
you dont "need" an amp to drive most IEMs

Amping may increase speed and response in certain frequencies and add the sound signature of the amp itself.
I have tried amping MTPG with iBasso D12 (Anaconda) and, yes it do sounded different but not so much that I would call it "worth"

If i have $200 to spend I would buy a new pair of 'phones instead (if i dont have any plans to buy hard-to-drive 'phones) 
etysmile.gif

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Mostly IEMs are all easy to drive (except for something like Ety ER4S)
you dont "need" an amp to drive most IEMs

Amping may increase speed and response in certain frequencies and add the sound signature of the amp itself.
I have tried amping MTPG with iBasso D12 (Anaconda) and, yes it do sounded different but not so much that I would call it "worth"

If i have $200 to spend I would buy a new pair of 'phones instead (if i dont have any plans to buy hard-to-drive 'phones) 
etysmile.gif

Just stop, anyone claiming that an amp can improve speed has zero understanding of basic ee/signal processing. You can't time forward a signal with a causal system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back