Cowon iaudio 7 8Gb vs Sony NWZA818BLK 8GB vs Trekstor Vibez 12Gb!
Jan 2, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #61 of 74
Tommorov or maximum the day after i must order. However i'm unsure now if its worth to buy both D2 and I7. The main reason is because im interested only in SQ; i dont care about video capabilities. After reading alot of posts on many forums, i think that D2 and i7 sound about the same...
So i need your advice on this one....
Thanks

Jan 3, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #62 of 74
D2's expandable with sdhc's that are getting cheaper by the day.

You can't go wrong with the power of small-sized OGG files + a killer 16gb sd card. I plan on getting one when they settle a bit more, over the summer. While the D2's a good on-the-go player, unlike the iaudio 7, it's very much capable of being a high-capacity full-time DAP given that you're patient enough to let the market make it's way. Even at 4gb with mine, the space is rather good considering the file-type support.

Jan 4, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #63 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMHO, it should be:

Sony A818 = Bugatti Veyron
Cowon i7 = Porsche 911
Trekstor Vibez = BMW M3

IMHO, SQ Wise....

Cowon i7 = Porsche 911
Trekstor Vibez = BMW M3
Ipod Touch= Toyota Echo

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #64 of 74
Just ordered a iaudio7 8Gb and a A816 4Gb and....an Alessandro MS-1
smily_headphones1.gif

So i'm ichin' to find out which combo will i like best between Sony816, iaudio, SR-60 and MS-1...
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #65 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by OvidiuDanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered a iaudio7 8Gb and a A816 4Gb and....an Alessandro MS-1
smily_headphones1.gif

So i'm ichin' to find out which combo will i like best between Sony816, iaudio, SR-60 and MS-1...
biggrin.gif

your going to have to tell me how that works out for you. I'm thinking of a similar setup. I am most interested in how the MS-1's preform without an amp through each unit.

Jan 8, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #66 of 74
I am going to subscribe to this thread because I am thinking of a very
similar setup. I am tired of lugging around an Ipod and amp and would like
to get great sound straight from my DAP. Keep us posted.

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #67 of 74
sure
smily_headphones1.gif
, only you'll have to wait a while till they reach me here, in Romania
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #68 of 74
Finally , sony a816 and iaudio7 arrived
smily_headphones1.gif

Impressions at first glance:

1) Sony - very very stylish design.
2) iaudio - sweeter looking than on pictures, and very very unexpectedly small.

Now let the comparative listening sessions begin: aforementioned and sr-60/MS-1.

I'll be back....
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #70 of 74
Wel, after couple days of intensive listening i decided upon my rig.
The contendents were: iaudio7, sony A816, Sr-60 and MS-1.
The winner is......: Iaudio7 + SR-60.

Now let me explain a bit:

First time a listened to iaudio i was dissapointed , but i thought i give it further chance, knowing the fact that lately i was listening from totally crappy source (onboard) and realized that hearing adjustement to its sound might be the answer.

Ok, now comparing Sony with iaudio i must say that their sound signatures are totally different. Sony has a very clean sound, lush sounding and with very noticeble soundstage. The problem for me with Sony is that i'm looking for a more aggressive, edgy type of sounding and thus more detalied, characteristics that , in my view are inhibited by the induced soundstage, expanded kind of lushy sound. The aforementioned are delivered more properly by Cowon at list from my point of view.

Another certain matter would be that i'm looking for the kind of sound the manages to convey the feeling, the emotion from the music. Well, at least for me, Cowon does this better. So far two white balls for Cowon. The last of the 3 important criterias for me is the sense of the fact that the orchestra or the artist, is playing for you and just for you, they are singing just for you in an intimate personal area. Givinf the fact that Sony's soundstage seems so, how should i put it, wide, it spaces out everything, even the notes from the very singer, i just dont get this feeling of warm approch... Cowon again does this better for me, thus having 3 white balls , its the winner.
wink.gif

Regarding MS-1/SR-60. Briefly, MS-1 is more refined, has soundstage, but its more neutral sound is like a cold shower for me. I just want the music to warm my heart, and despite the fact that SR-60 is inferior audiofile wise, it has a sweetness that i just cant part from. So SR-60 winner here
wink.gif

I know, my criterias are totally subjective, and i limit my review to that because i just dont have the experience, the terminology and the trained ear to disecate the sound audiofile like, i'll leave that to the other more trained head-fiers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Pardon my poor english, and my inadequate review.
Happy listening
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #71 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidr2287 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMHO, SQ Wise....

Cowon i7 = Porsche 911
Trekstor Vibez = BMW M3
Ipod Touch= Toyota Echo

well, Toyota's do have very decent engines and last for a life time. So I don't think that the ipod touch can be considered a toyota
and the iPod touch has a very decent Line-out
wink.gif

greetz

Feb 4, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #72 of 74
Grats on the iA7 OvidiuDanut
smily_headphones1.gif

I've came to love mine with PX100's for the punchy bass & warmth. My KSC 35's and 75's were too 'clean' sounding, not much bass/subbass impact. True the PX100's can sound dark, but with proper BBE and MP Enhance settings it brightens them right up! I tried to adjust the bass settings for the KSC's..but the bass boosting sounded wrong.

Mar 15, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #74 of 74
I just got myself an A818, and it's great. The sound quality is the best I've ever heard from a PMP. The included canalphones (E-082) sound perfectly good for anyone who doesn't necessarily need the best possible sound, but when I plugged in my C551s the player really began to shine. Great, pounding bass response, perfect clarity (or as good as the C551s allow), and a wide and nice soundstage. This is all with completely flat EQ. There is a sligh hissing though, but it's only (barely) noticable during very quiet sections.

The lack of FLAC support doesn't bother me. At 8GB (of which about 7.3 is usable) you couldn't fit very much music using FLAC anyway. High quality MP3s sound perfectly fine to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back