COWON i9/S9 - Sound Quality and the ULTIMATE EQ
Feb 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #47 of 53
GREAT ear! I LOVED your EQ. I was wrongly using BBE (at 8 -- cough, cough) and was not using MP Enhance. I was doing the opposite, compensating with BBE. I got a much better sound now. Very natural, very real, this stuff rocks. Totally new experience now. Thanks
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by ackers07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad you liked it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I must admit I tried your EQ and it wasn't doing the IE8 any justice, but it's good that you now see where you went wrong and can appreciate the natural sound of the IE8. We all learn from our mistakes.
wink.gif

I love me who do you love.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by ackers07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad you liked it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I must admit I tried your EQ and it wasn't doing the IE8 any justice, but it's good that you now see where you went wrong and can appreciate the natural sound of the IE8. We all learn from our mistakes.
wink.gif

Yeah, that came across to me as patronising arse.
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #51 of 53
I recently got 32gb S9 to match my ES3X, but no matter how i EQ the vocals are still somewhat recessed. It just doesn't sound as natural as X1060.
If only i can solve this recessed vocal issue, i'd sell x1060 without a second thought..

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #52 of 53
Now I'm using this EQ with my S9:

5 dB / 80 Hz
0 dB / 220 Hz
7 dB / 1.4 kHz
5 dB / 4.1 kHz
5 dB / 11.7 kHz

BBE 10 ; Mach3Bass 1 ; 3D Sorrund Off ; MP Enhance On ; Stereo Enhance 2 ; Reverb Off

BTW How loud do you listen to your S9? (straight from HP out)
I listen to my MTPG and ATH M50 on 16-18 level (I never go over 20)

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #53 of 53
I can't see why an mp3 player wouldn't need burn-in...if a full size high end system DO need burn in,so does mp3 player. it's the same thing only in small miniature, but it depends if you beleive in burn-in or not.
anyway,the cowon players have some cool and fun sound effects to them,probably better than any portable on the market. but I found that the best SQ is with flat EQ..ie with EQ disabled. I also tried some effects with my D2 and though they were nice sometimes (mach 3 bass...I am a hardcore basshead!) I found them to add distortion and mudd to the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back