Cowon i9 frozen
Mar 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GreatDane

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a one week old i9. I attempted to install v1.13 firmware and no go. After copying the iaudio9_FW.BIN, iaudio9_RS.BIN & iaudio9_FT.BIN. files, it didn't respond. All I see is a white screen that displays the USB symbol with USB Disconnected words and Battery Full underneath. Turning it on/off doesn't change it. If I hold the off button down, the screen flashes on & off every 3 seconds.

At one point after disconnecting I saw a message stating that the firmware was upgrading with several messages but after that it froze, the screen was a dim grey with no response. I ran the battery dead and got the grey screen to go away. but since then I've formatted it over 8 times and have tried the last 3 firmware versions. The reset button does nothing.

I'm able to connect to my PC and see the i9 as G drive and even synced with Media Monkey, and see the music files...but after I safely disconnect the i9 won't change from the white screen that displays the USB symbol with USB Disconnected words and Battery Full underneath.

WalkGood gave me all the proper steps to do the update but I'm having no luck with this. I'm afraid that his suggestion to exchange the i9 is my only option. I bought it at Newegg. Before I do that I figured someone might have a miracle trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back