Cowon D2 vs S9
Jul 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Barry

100+ Head-Fier
I am currently auditioning a Sony X1061 and I like it fine. The motivating force behind upgrading from my D2 is, however, not the sound. The sound of the D2 is very good - different from the Sony - but I am not always sure which I prefer. Prob the Sony, but not by much. The UI of the D2 does frustrate me. It is difficult to find albums, and too many button pushes to get things done. How is the S9 UI compared to the D2. I have read that they tweaked it, but I have not found any additional detail. I don't think that I can buy or view a S9 locally so I hope that somebody with experience of the D2 and S9 can offer some info. Thanks.

Jul 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 3
you know you can always use search
wink.gif

- Search Results for d2 vs s9
much better, it's a flash interface and easy to customize and there are lots of themes for the s9 which change it totally
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Thank you for reminding me about the search function. Searches did not provide me with information to answer my question. I know that both interfaces can be customiEd cosmetically, but I am more concerned about the actual processes used to browse albums, choose what to play, make playlists, etc. The D2 is awkward in those areas while the Sony, iPods, etc are more convenient. Where does the S9 fall in this continuum? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back