Cowon D2 vs. Meizu M6
Mar 25, 2007 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
Mar 25, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 26
I don't see why you would consider a Meizu except that you dislike the D2's interface or the sound. I doubt the Meizu's sound is arguably different quality wise, but probably has a different sound signature (Maybe a bit bassier). So I guess if you are willing to take the gamble to see if Meizu's sound signature fits you better...

I am somewhat in the same boat since I could easily have a co-worker from China ship me one at the Chinese price... but I just can't justify having two flash players at the same time since even without use there's a hard lifetime on batteries.

Mar 25, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 26
oh, i wouldn't keep both. I'm a bit of a DAP enthusiast and like to play with new toys whenever possible. i'll most likely stick with the D2, but I'd still like to hear what others have to say.

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 26
My M6 hisses more than my Cowon Iaudio5 (and I assume your Cowon D2 should be better), so if you don't use an attenuator or the ER4P->S or one of the Xin amps, the hiss may bother you. Other than that, the M6 performs everything that I've wanted out of an mp3 player. What's attracting you towards the M6, the thinner body?

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 26
price wise is my main thing. D2 is pretty expensive while recent drop in m6 price for 4gb to $139 is so tempting.

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #8 of 26
However in the long run as SD and SDHC cards become increasingly cheaper for higher capacities, the D2 will honestly provide the better value.

Mar 26, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #10 of 26
Yeah I mean dude already has a D2 and if he sold it he would be at least at a loss of 20 bucks or so.. if you factor that into a new Meizu price at US prices then it gets to be pretty close.

I mean I can understand wanting new toys and stuff but D2 has one of the richest feature sets out there for a flash player. I'd question going to a lesser feature set albeit well priced with good value player like Meizu.

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #11 of 26
Only thing about the D2 that I read about are that you can't control it if it's in your pocket. =T

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only thing about the D2 that I read about are that you can't control it if it's in your pocket. =T

not necessarily. the customizable button lets you skip tracks, plus the volume buttons are tactile, so i think it's not too bad.

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #14 of 26
Looks like the Meizu M6 is now down to $99 at Walgreens online. Could just be a temporary sale though.

My first impression of seeing the pic at Walgreens is that it looks like a Creative Zen Vision knockoff. But I guess the Cowon D2 is kindof a ripoff of the iRiver Clix, huh.

I'm hoping the Cowon D2 will soon be available at a good price as 'open-box refurbished' on the Cowon site: http://www.jetmall.net/index.asp?Pag...TS&Category=67

May 25, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #15 of 26
I'm actually looking at these two players myself too...

With the recent price drop, you can get the 4GB M6 for about half the price of the 2GB D2...
Is the D2 worth the extra money?

@Parrot5: Which version of the firmware do you have? I hear the recent releases are supposed to solve the hissing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back