Cowon D2 SDHC Card Problem, please help.
May 24, 2008 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Shahrose

Headphoneus Supremus
so i've been using my d2 for a year now and i love it. i have the latest firmware (2.57). i just bought a patriot 8gb class 6 card: (NCIX.com - Buy Patriot Signature Line 8GB SDHC Secure Digital High Capacity Class 6 Flash Card - PSF8GSDHC6 In Canada.)

now the problem: i can't find any of the music i uploaded onto my sd card on my d2. what's the deal? when i connect the d2 to the computer via usb with the sd card inserted, the computer detects the d2 and an 8gb external drive. so i transferred my songs to the 8gb card only and then fired up the d2...no songs.

btw, if you click on that link above you'll see that one of the reviewers actually bought this card and has it working with his d2 without any modifications or anything of that sort. so i'm wondering why my d2 isn't. i know it's not damaged and neither is the sd card.

any help would be appreciated

May 24, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 7
May 24, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Just confirming with the P. That formatter is damn awesome.

If it doesn't help, it'll still be excellent.

May 24, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 7
thanks a lot guys. that formatter worked. the problem actually wasn't with the windows formatter in this case, it was mine. i did a quick format with windows in NTSF format, it was just an instinctive response since it was burned into my head that FAT32 was inferior.

when the panasonic formatter detected the card, it automatically switched back to FAT32 and now everything's in working order.

thanks again.

May 25, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 7
^ SDHC cards are only FAT32.

That formatter is in my sig at iPediophile.

Sep 30, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 7
im glad i stubbled upon this thread, i was having the same problem. it works now. the files are seperated into d2 and d2 extension, is this normal?

Sep 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #7 of 7
^ Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back