Cowon D2 or Sansa Fuze
Aug 14, 2009 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

infidel

Head-Fier
Hi,

I found these two items, the cowon d2 is a used item, while the sansa fuze is brand new. I want good sound quality(super bass) and long battery life, and I got senn cx500, and fiio E5 to pair with the DAP.

If both have the same price which should i get? and what IF I see both brand new, which should i get??

thanks!

Nov 28, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 7
If you want long battery life, then you would go for the Cowon D2 as the D2 has 40+ hours of battery life while the Fuze only has 15ish hours. I personally have both and love both.

Use the Fuze when I want quick access and use the D2 when I have time to chill out. Button interface of the Fuze is much more intuitive then the touch screen of the D2 for ease of use. This is mainly for the fact that any button interface is almost always faster to browse then a touch interface. Much less accidental choices.

Nov 28, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 7
If you like the long battery life and tons of eq options, go with the D2. If you like a cleaner interface and physical controls, go with the Fuze. The Fuze's main shortcoming is that the eq is terrible. It sounds better than the D2 when both have the eq disabled (to my ears). Both players have Rockbox capability also which provides (IMO) a way better eq than both original firmwares. Another deciding factor is if you would like to use sd or microsd cards.

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #6 of 7
The D2 has much better eq options which I think is important when trying to match headphones - there are presets but also the user eq has 10 memory banks so you can set up the unit for several headphones or several music genres.
MicroSD cards at 16 and 32 gb are less common and seem to be more expensive compared to the standard sized SD cards which the D2 takes.
The D2 is quite a powerful unit when driving headphones - probably more than the Sansa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back