Cowon D2 & Klipsch Image X-5
Dec 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Lupine

New Head-Fier
I've had the X-5s for about a week, the D2 for 4-5 days, so this really is a first impressions post, rather than a comprehensive review.

I'm still playing around with the gel tips for the X-5s. The large double flange works best, but isolates too well. I can't hear the phone ring when I wear them in my office and I don't feel safe wearing them outside, but they should be great when I'm flying. I'm still switching between the medium & large single flange for everyday use. Sound quality is excellent with the D2, even with the default EQ settings. Bass is supposed to be the weak point of the X-5's but IMO it is excellent and very balanced with the also excellent mids and highs. I think the X-10s might have been bass overkill, at least for me.

I haven't had much chance to play with the config and EQ options of the D2, but I am definitely impressed with the sound quality. I tried the stock earbuds that came with the D2, but they are so outmatched by the X-5's it isn't even funny. Getting use to the touch screen is taking some time, but I'm getting there. I tried the little tool they provide, but so far found my that my fat fingers work OK and I never have to look for them.
wink.gif

I don't have a lot of previous portable experience to go by, but so far I am very satisfied with this combo.
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back