Cowon D2: Best way to organize it?
Oct 19, 2008 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Elluzion

Headphoneus Supremus
So drag and drop isn't working for me, takes too long and tagging is a bitch. I want a way to sync my D2 easily. It is making me miss my ipod
frown.gif
itunes makes it so easy.

and also i want to be able to make playlists.

Thanks for any info,
-ELluzion

Oct 19, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 13
Check out Media Monkey, or my fav, J.River Media Jukebox (link in sig). Both are free, and both manage music and create playlists great.

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out Media Monkey, or my fav, J.River Media Jukebox (link in sig). Both are free, and both manage music and create playlists great.

Sorry but I don't think it works with D2. D2 is not playlist oriented. You can do one and it's called DPL and that's it.

I do not think it "imports"playlist.

regards,

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 13
I'm not sure about playlists but I can second MediaMonkey as a good choice to sync your music. It's iTunes and more!

Paul

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

I use Media Monkey but don't know anything about J River. Are there features J River has that MM doesn't or do you just prefer J River? I'm going to try it out.

Oct 20, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #7 of 13
Funny, but I have 10 different playlists that I imported to my D2 using J.River. If you set the D2 to "MTP" you should have no problems. I've not been successful w/doing them off of the SD card though.

PS: I'm on Anithingbutipod.com as The DarkSide. You'll get the same info there, and most will tell you to just use drag & drop and forget MTP. There is, I believe, 1 thread by a person who's had success w/getting the playlists to run off of the SD card as well. Here's a link to the forums: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So drag and drop isn't working for me, takes too long and tagging is a bitch. I want a way to sync my D2 easily. It is making me miss my ipod
frown.gif
itunes makes it so easy.

and also i want to be able to make playlists.

Thanks for any info,
-ELluzion

What worked for me was to sync a playlist to the D2 (in MTP mode)using Windows Media player. Or you could just make a folder called "playlists" in the root of your d2. After that, you can use Mediamonkey (or whatever) to make/transfer playlists.

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodekill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What worked for me was to sync a playlist to the D2 (in MTP mode)using Windows Media player. Or you could just make a folder called "playlists" in the root of your d2. After that, you can use Mediamonkey (or whatever) to make/transfer playlists.

Exactly. Pretty much any program works for syncing playlists w/the D2. It's only that some of us have preferences.they're all good in their own right. It's up to the OP to find what works best for him/her is all.

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Funny, but I have 10 different playlists that I imported to my D2 using J.River. If you set the D2 to "MTP" you should have no problems. I've not been successful w/doing them off of the SD card though.

Thanks. This is good to know. I use the D2 DPL for my workout playlist but it would be nice to have other playlists for different moods. I didn't get a chance to try it out last night. I will make sure to do so tonight.

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #11 of 13
i really like media jukebox, even more than media monkey
biggrin.gif

thanks guys, i will try them!

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 13
Yeah media monkey is cool but it is a lil confusing for me with the whole synching stuff.

Question: can you make it so the main folder with all the music in it, gets updated into media monkeys database ??

what i mean is that say i added a folder of music into my main music folder and then opened media monkey, would it show up? or is their a setting or something ?? because media jukebox does this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back