Cowon D2 battery replacement guide
Jul 21, 2009 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nsx_23

Headphoneus Supremus
I've gotten quiet a few PMs on another forum about how to replace the Cowon D2's battery, so I thought I'd post a simple tutorial here. I don't take any responsibility for you screwing your own D2 up though.

I used an CS 1800mha battery from ebay: Replacement for Cowon D2 (2G 4G) Battery 1800mAh - eBay, Replacement Batteries, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 07-Aug-09 06:58:39 AEST)

1) Remove the screw on the side of the D2 near the battery flap:

IMG_9622.jpg

2) Remove the 2 screws on the RHS of the D2.

IMG_9623.jpg

3) Gently work the back cover loose and use your fingernails to "pry" the cover off the D2

IMG_9624.jpg

4) Once the back cover is off, you'll notice the battery is stuck onto the back cover with a bit of double-sided tape and that there's a connector near the middle of the circuit board. Simply disconnect the old battery's connector, then connect up the new battery in similar fashion. Use a bit of double sided tape to tape the new battery to the back cover if you want to.

IMG_9625.jpg

5)Then, reassembly is just the reverse of taking it apart. Slot the back cover in, then just put the screws back. You now have a D2 with a new battery!

IMG_9624.jpg

I haven't had a chance to test the playback time of the new battery yet, but the stock battery is 1600mha whereas this new one is 1800mha, so I expect slightly better than original playtimes.

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #5 of 6
I have just replaced the same band battery for a few months now. So, just to report, at first the play time seemed longer than the original but after a few months the battery seemed to have less and less play time I listen to music only no VDO no Browsing around and It gone 2 level if I listen to the music for only 4-5 hours.

Let me know if anyone have different experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back