COWON D2 AND SAMSUNG YP_K5, YP_T9.........
Mar 28, 2007 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ZARIM

IP address matches SNOOP_DOGG and HFAUDIOPHILE.
I own Samsung YP_K5, YP_T9 and i heard good things about Cowon D2. If anybody own or listened these Samsung models and Cowon D2. Please help me about sound(mids, highs and bass). I beleive Samsung these two models shows rich details in mids and have clear highs with great bass. I want if Cowon D2 have supperior sound quality than these models or it's same when i will use with E500PTH and SF5pro(no AMPs).

Jun 18, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 9
I bought D2 after this post and i realy enjoy the sound. It's more clear and highs to lows shows good details in music. Also T9 which shows rich details in mids with Shure IEMs but it(T9) don't handle well higher bitrate(WMA192kbps to 256kbps are best). I heard sony new NW series offer great sound quality and offcourse other sony NW series are known for great sound quality. Sorry i don't have exp with iriver clix and meizu.

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #5 of 9
My exp(results) with these are all unamp'd use i heard if D2 vol turn way up to 49 and all eq off then it's HJ turn in true linout. It's sound good if amping this and i think for normal use with subscription services(maximum WMA192kbps) then T9 is great. But D2 have some real power like AMPs when play higher bitrate like OGG, FLACE with noproblem(shows more details).

Jun 18, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 9
I used E500 with D2 and E4c, SF5Pro with T9 but D2 was so good eq(pop). I think SF5Pro missed bit details in mids(not forward as E4c) when hooked up to T9(bass was deep n tight like E500) and E4c showed more details in mids but with less bass(not clear and refind as SF5Pro)

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 9
Does the D2 have a true line out?

Jun 20, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the D2 have a true line out?

No it doesn't. But supposedly (based on numerous posts/experiments done by members on www.iaudiophile.net) when EQ settings are flat and the volume is at 49 it acts as well as a true line out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back