Cowon A3 With a Flashing White Screen?
May 16, 2010 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lasraik

100+ Head-Fier
Recently my Cowon A3 won't turn on, but when I have it charging via the adapter the screen flashes white.  I've done a lot of reading and tried leaving it for a while and recharging it with the adapter but no luck.  If it's plugged in with a USB connection my computer will not recognize it as being connected so I can't edit the firmware or format the drive, ect.

I've opened it and unplugged the battery, checked for anything obvious but don't see anything.  I'm thinking the next step is getting a new battery.

Has anyone had this before with their Cowon A3? 

May 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 5
I own an A3.  It sounds as if it was left plugged into a usb to charge for too long and the white screen of death has claimed it.  The other thought that crossed my mind is possible water damage.  Years ago, I had one that went for a swim in a creek.  It too would glow a white screen when plugged into the charger.  Good luck.

Jun 12, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 5
Tried iAudiophile,com none of the solutions there worked for me :frowning2:  Replaced the battery but the screen just flashes white when it's plugged in and no light that it's charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back